Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New (Knitting) Year!

A very Happy New Year to everyone :-) I have a few things to catch up with and some photos to show:

Firstly here is the lovely gift I received from my secret santa Hazel:



The most gorgeous skein of Woolly Wormhead handspun yarn, destined for a hat methinks; a pretty sequinned and beaded journal; a yummy lavendar sachet; two glitter pencils, one with a sheep topper and one with a yarn topper; and a pair of funky needles. Here's a close-up of the needles so you can see the wonderful personalised toppers:



Fabulous, non? Thanks so much Hazel! Roll on the summer swap!

I did also receive several knitterly gifts from family members, courtesy of my providing DH with a little list :-) I got the 12 and 15mm needle ends that Denise have just produced, and several books. Not Your Mama's Knitting is a fun book of tips and patterns; Knit Fix is a well-laid-out book, not too much that was new to me but invaluable for anyone starting out; and I also got the Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed pattern book. I've recently snagged enough of the original discontinued DB aran tweed in fuschia (at sale prices) to be able to make something from this book.

I'm quite pleased that I'm only carrying one long-term WIP over from 2006, the BdF jacket. Now this really is going to be completed soon, I was happy to finish the DB shrug in time for Christmas Day, so the jacket is now in my sights. I am not afeared of the seaming!

My current projects are another Clapotis and the Coronet hat. I bought the aran silk for the clapper from HipKnits back in July, and here's how it's knitting up (four straight repeats done so far):



I've finished the cabled band for Coronet and grafted it together (despite misreading the instructions and grafting on the wrong side!). I really need to master the provisional cast-on though. The yarn is Cotton Ease and is lovely to work with:

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, January 01, 2007, Blogger T said...

So much beautiful stuff! Ruth's yarn is delicious and those needles with your name on are the bestest thing :)
The Clapotis is gorgeous and I may well have to have some Hipknits silk soon so I can have a drapey clapper.
Ooh, Coronet's going to be a lovely hat!
Happy New Year to you! xx

 
At 5:27 pm, January 01, 2007, Blogger Daisy said...

Lovely colours in your Clapotis!

 
At 6:06 pm, January 01, 2007, Blogger KnitYoga said...

I love the colours in the clapotis. It's going to be a beauty! Glad you liked your parcel - the Woolly Wormhead yarn is Ruth's hand-dyed (but not her handspun) but very beautiful nevertheless. In fact, I found it quite hard to part with as I really love that colour combo! LOL

 
At 8:05 pm, January 01, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad to see you back!!! I hope that you had a wonderful New Years eve!!
Your Clapotis is beautiful! I am making one for my mom right now is silk garden. Your Coronet's looking lovely! Happy knitting and Happy New Year!!

 
At 8:33 pm, January 01, 2007, Blogger Alice said...

Firstly, I love your new-look blog. Very chic!

Your gifts are just fantastic. How lucky was that!

The Clapotis colours are just divine. I've been looking at that Hipknits silk, too. Perhaps you could let us know whether it wears relatively well.

HAPPY 2007!

 
At 8:53 pm, January 01, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Lovely blog! And some lovely needles and knits too! Happy New Year!

 
At 6:46 am, January 02, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Ahh, yummy! That Wormhead yarn looks so delicious - and so do your recent projects, especially the Clapotis! What an amazing pattern it is, isn't it? Beautiful work!
Happy New Year!

 
At 9:02 am, January 02, 2007, Blogger Becky said...

Clapotis is working up great in that beautiful yarn. The Coronet is such a great hat, too. I should make another one, too.

 
At 1:25 pm, January 02, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Gorgeous stuff from Hazel, and I now have needle envy :-) The clapotis is looking lovely. I made Coronet last year and love the pattern - yours is looking great!

 
At 6:37 pm, January 02, 2007, Blogger artyfartykat said...

Personalised needles, I'm sooo jealous! They are fab!
The Hipknits silk looks beautiful as does the Clapotis!

 
At 12:09 am, January 03, 2007, Blogger blog-blethers said...

What beautiful colours for the clapotis and I just love those knitting needles:-)

 
At 2:17 pm, January 03, 2007, Blogger Badger said...

All such lovely, lovely stuff - I especially love the personalised needle toppers!

 
At 3:36 pm, January 03, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Amazing Secret Pal pressies - those needles are just fantastic!

Your Clapotis is beautiful, the colours are just perfect.

Happy New Year!

 
At 9:47 pm, January 03, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Gorgeous goodies!

I love the colours in your Clapotis!

 
At 8:08 pm, January 05, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Clapotis is looking lovely and those needles are brilliant! Happy New Year!

 
At 6:31 pm, January 06, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Fabulous Clapotis, I love Hazel's knitting accessories and have managed to 'acquire' many of them recently, very naughty but lovely things to use.

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home