Saturday, July 08, 2006

More Sheep Shop and other knitting

I also got a mail order catalogue from the Sheep Shop, these cost £2 and are well worth it. You can see the contents below, and I've inluded a photo of the shade card alone to give an idea of the gorgeous colours available.





I also think this yarn is fantastic value for money, I expected it to be more expensive given the quality. There are also some Wensleydale/Alpaca mixes in the range.

Waiting when we got home was this package from Hip Knits, 400g of custom-dyed aran silk in "Peony" as inspired by the skein that Annarella posted on her blog a while ago :-) This is intended for another Clapotis.



Despite the heat I did manage to knit while on holiday! I did a little more on Odessa, which is next for finishing, and also started a bag in Colinette Point 5 (the green shade I got at the mill shop). It is now cast off and awaiting felting, pictures when it is felted and dry. I've used all 3 skeins and just winged it as far as size went, I'm planning on making a strap out of fabric or a canvas belt or similar. I need to look at bag accessories and eyelet tools now!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:25 pm, July 08, 2006, Blogger T said...

Scrummy silk for another Clapotis!

 
At 6:07 pm, July 08, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

Your vacation sounds lovely -- the wonderful places I only read about. :)
That's beautiful yarn. You've been getting a lot of knitting done for the summer.

 
At 6:08 pm, July 08, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the colour of the silk. I'mlooking forward to seeing the bag.

 
At 6:44 pm, July 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a lovely vacation! I love your new yarn! I can't wait to see your clappy! I am looking forward to seeing your bag!

 
At 8:06 pm, July 08, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

That silk is absolutely stunning!

 
At 1:55 am, July 09, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Gosh, you have picked up some nice stuff! That will be a nice Clap! And if the silk smells funny, stick some cloves in with it. Then it smells yummy!
I still haven't gotten to the post office...

 
At 7:59 am, July 09, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

First of all, as I haven't been around at the time of your birthday: Happy belated birthday to you! I hope all your dreams and wishes will come true in this new year of yours!
And gooooosh, such amazingly gorgeous silk, must be the most beautiful colors I've seen for a while! I'm sure this is going to make a totally fantastic Clapotis, can't wait to see your pics of it!

 
At 11:24 am, July 10, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

That Peony is soooo gorgeous!

The package I'm sending to you appears to be fated I dropped "the item" that was going to be put inside it yesterday and one of its "components" got broken (groan) which means that I have to replace it. The shop isn't open on Mondays so I'll have to go there tomorrow, replace the "component" and post it. Sorry but you will have it soon. I promise.

 
At 11:44 am, July 10, 2006, Blogger noblinknits said...

That's a great haul! Good work on not shopping from the grumpy store, There are plenty of nice shops out there, especially hipknits.

 
At 12:17 pm, July 10, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Ooooh, that Peony is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home