Friday, April 09, 2010

Hemlock Ring blanket







A Hemlock Ring knit in Rowan Pure Wool Aran, shade Forest - a gorgeous green and from one of the Kemps Rowan bargain bags. It took just 3.5 skeins, I stopped at the default place on the chart rather than do any extra repeats. Blocked, it measures around 41" across at its widest, so a good-sized snuggly blanket for the sofa. I did the crochet version of the cast-off, which seemed an awful lot simpler than the knit version.

I finished these a wee while ago, but they had to wing their way to Australia. A Felicity hat knit in Rowan Calmer for Lynne, along with a purple Ballband Cloth:





I've just finished an Alveare hat in my own Flamboyance Bailey BFL aran, pictures once it is blocked. I've also started a Citron shawlette in Flamboyance Dashing sock yarn!

In non-knitting news, I was absolutely thrilled with the first episode of the new series of Doctor Who. Matt Smith is a wonderful Doctor - when I first saw him I instantly thought of Patrick Troughton (2), and this has been borne out in the first instalment. Ashes to Ashes is also back on our screens, and should give us some answers to the whole Life on Mars/Ashes/Gene Genie conundrum. I'm hoping for an appearance by Sam Tyler I have to say!

Also exceedingly happy last Sunday to have my Red Bull F1 boys get a 1-2 at the Malaysian Grand Prix. I'm much more of a driver fan than teams per se, but as it happens my absolute #1 Sebastan Vettel, and the fabulous Mark Webber, both drive for the same team. I'm also really pleased for my other two favourite drivers, Robert Kubica and Heikki Kovalainen, both doing well with their new teams this year.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:42 pm, April 09, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Your Hemlock Ring Blanket is one of THE most beautiful pieces of knitting I've ever seen. It looks amazing.

 
At 4:03 pm, April 10, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous green!

Hope I'm not spoiling anything, but I'm sure you watched it last night. Wasn't the Uptown Girl dance routine fab???? There were a couple of times you could see they were almost about to burst into fits of giggles but the end result was genius!!

 
At 10:10 pm, April 10, 2010, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh that looks so fab in the lovely green

 
At 9:01 pm, April 11, 2010, Blogger acrylik said...

Ooooh, your blanket is absolutely stunning! What a beautiful piece of knitting to snuggle up to - an heirloom piece.

 
At 12:12 pm, April 13, 2010, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Love the Hemlock! And the hat :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/natiel3/4496508628/

 
At 4:43 am, June 14, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the Felicity hat - did you alter the pattern at all? I followed the pattern and ended up with a hat too tight for my head by HALF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home