Monday, April 12, 2010

Alveare







Alveare by Woolly Wormhead, knit in my own hand dyed Flamboyance Yarns Bailey aran (100% BFL). It took around 88g for the medium size. I absolutely love the decrease pattern, it creates a very distinctive pentagon shape. I didn't block this over a form, as I wanted to keep a little of the beehive look. The BFL knit up very well, with great stitch definition, and it also has a lot of "body" even after washing and blocking.

My current WIP is a Citron shawlette in Flamboyance Dashing 4ply (100% superwash merino), in a shade I named Tangerine Dream. I'm using 5mm needles, as the pattern is written for laceweight on 4mm needles. It's a simple effect to execute and looks good so far. It will be interesting to see how far the skein goes, I am prepared to use a toning yarn for the ruffle if need be!



I'm also currently trying to decide which book to read next. I finished "I Robot" a wee while ago, and it's in a volume with "Robots and Empire". The latter isn't inspiring me much though, so I'm going to start either the first True Blood novel, or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I'm leaning towards the latter, no doubt partly inspired by the new series of Wallander on BBC4 - the original Swedish version which I do much prefer to the Kenneth Branagh adaptations. I've not yet read any of the Henning Mankell books but have found a useful website dedicated to the books and their adaptations.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, April 14, 2010, Blogger acrylik said...

Love the Alveare hat, what a great pattern, and a lovely colour :)

I have Citron on my list of knits to do, looking forward to seeing how yours progresses.

One of my friends just finished Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (audio book version) and really enjoyed it - have you started it yet?

 
At 8:19 am, April 19, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat. I like the alternating stocking stitch pattern, I did an ABABA scarf and loved the springyness of it. Am thinking of using this in a design I'm trying to think up!!

Go for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've read the first one and have the other two to read. Really liked the first one but have been told they get better as you go on.

 
At 2:46 pm, April 23, 2010, Blogger Daisy said...

I'd be interested in what you think of the girl with the dragon tattoo. Thinking about reading it and I've read some good reviews!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home