Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just Enough Ruffles





Pattern: Just Enough Ruffles by Laura Chau
Yarn: Jaeger Shetland Aran
Needles: 5.5mm circulars
Yardage: approx. 320 yards, 1.75 skeins
Size: approx, 51" long before blocking, 60" after

A fairly speedy scarf to make, it is knit lengthwise using short row shaping. The yarn is gorgeous, blocking really well, and the scarf was a big hit with the recipient. I might have to make one for myself!

I am currently knitting a Hemlock Ring blanket, and am well over 400 stitches on the needle at the moment.

This is how it looked when I'd just started:



I'd also like to say a big thank-you for all the comments and good wishes for Flamboyance Yarns. I'm pleased with how it is going so far - the shop has barely been open two weeks but it seems like longer! The shop also has its own blog where I aim to post updates and the like, and it's also on Twitter. This week's update will have laceweight and also Splendour merino/cashmere/nylon 4ply.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:00 am, March 25, 2010, Blogger Sarah said...

That is a beauty of a scarf and I think the green of your blanket is fab.

 
At 10:57 am, March 28, 2010, Blogger Linda said...

What a lovely scarf, the yarn looks so nice.

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

 
At 6:45 pm, March 30, 2010, Blogger acrylik said...

Oooh, very pretty scarf! Just love those ruffles. I shall have to check out the Hemlock Ring Blanket, looks interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home