Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cloths!

Last month I knitted quite a few cloths. One was for a Dishcloth Swap on the CTnY forum, but I'd been promising myself to make some for a long time. I like to use them as face flannels - they are great as a lovely hot (or cold) cloth. My husband requested some so I made these two for him:



The standard Ballband pattern as found in the original Mason Dixon book, amongst other places. I used Garnstudio Drops Paris which is a 100% cotton aran weight yarn.

I made a Harmonic Mosaic cloth for the swap, yarn is the Paris again:



And also made one for me:



More cloths for me - firstly another Ballband using brown Paris and Anchor Magicline shade 1422:



Circle cloth, aqua Paris and Magicline 1504:



I also received two lovely cloths, one knitted Ballband and one crocheted, from Nevisknitter, thank you!



I've just completed a Just Enough Ruffles scarf, in Jaeger Shetland Aran, and will be blocking it shortly. It's a birthday gift and I'm very pleased with how it has turned out. The Jaeger is a gorgeous yarn, sadly long discontinued.

I had some lovely news this week, I won the blog prize draw on leafgreenknits! I chose the book Inspired to Knit as my prize, it arrived yesterday and is as lovely as I had hoped - thank you Linda!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:20 pm, March 10, 2010, Blogger hakucho said...

All of your cloths are lovely...great color choices :)

happy knitting :)

 
At 10:33 am, March 13, 2010, Blogger acrylik said...

Absolutely love the cloths - beautiful!

 
At 6:43 am, July 07, 2010, Blogger Heather Woollove said...

Oooooh...these cloths are amazing!
(I just love all of your projects, though...they are really lovely!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home