Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cranford mitts and Felicity hat





Cranford mitts, knit in Yarn Yard Hug (organic merino). A great pattern, very well written and with a very elegant solution to thumb shaping! The gloves fit like, well, a glove, I'm sure there will be another pair of these somewhere in my future.



Another Felicity hat, knit as a gift in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I modified the pattern by casting on 90 rather than 70, keeping the same needle sizes, and increasing up to 140 stitches. I also carried on the decrease rounds further than the pattern suggests. I'm very pleased with the end result and think I will make another for myself this time, in some brown Lambs' Pride in my stash. I am definitely on a hat kick at the moment, my current WIP is a sock yarn slouch hat using the grey Hug as seen in the Cranford edging.

The Cranfords mark my "24 in 2009", now exceeded! Next year I am planning to participate in the sock yarn challenge on the CTnY forum - any item knit using sock yarn each month. I may not make one every month but I do have lots of lovely hat, glove and shawl patterns queued up as well as socks.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:08 pm, December 16, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, your Cranford Mitts are *gorgeous*, just love those colours, they just sing.

Love your hat too, and congratulations on reaching your 24 target, amazing :)

I really love your photography in this post :)

 
At 9:46 pm, December 16, 2009, Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, amazing Cranfords. Those colours are gorgeous and they look fantastic!

 
At 1:14 pm, December 19, 2009, Blogger Linda said...

What a lovely picture of the mitts!

 
At 11:13 pm, December 22, 2009, Blogger puski said...

lovely :D
----------------------------
MERRY Xmas !!!!

 
At 8:07 pm, January 09, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Cranfords and hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home