Monday, August 24, 2009

Purple

One of my favourite colours! First up is the completed Robin beret in RYC Cashsoft 4ply, shade Loganberry:





This only used 1.3 out of 2 full skeins, and I didn't add the contrast pompom. I knit this flat on straights as per the pattern, but it could easily be converted to a seamless pattern in the round. The RYC Cashsoft is beautifully soft, as per its name. A lovely beret for the winter and a great fit.

More purple, this time some yarn I hand-dyed for my swap partner in the current CT'n'Y Summer Secret Santa. It's a 100% merino laceweight, which I snagged as a bargainous cone.



I used Procion MX dyes bought as a kit. The first dye run gave some lovely shades, but there were paler patches that I wasn't happy with. The yarn was then overdyed with one shade of purple which gave a rich semi-solid. I'm very happy with the end result, as this was my first "proper" acid dye project and I wasn't expecting anything quite so good!

Not purple - this is my latest WIP, the Heather Hoodie Vest from the current Knitscene:



The yarn is Sirdar Denim Chunky in a cream/beige marl shade. It's the first time I've knit with it and I'm very pleased with how it knits up and handles.

My Basil sweater in Summer Tweed is complete, and waiting for me to finish seaming the sides! It's too hard to see under electric light, but I'm hoping to finish the sewing up tomorrow in daylight.

Finally, I had a lovely surprise last week, as Simply Knitting had reviewed my blog on theirs! This was most unexpected, my thanks to SK for their kind review!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:56 pm, August 24, 2009, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

luscious colours:)

 
At 1:40 pm, August 25, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

Love that hat - I bet it feels wonderful in the cashsoft.

Congrats on the blog review :o)

 
At 9:51 am, August 26, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

Oooh, you know how much I love purple! Your beret is beautiful, and I just love the dyed yarn, lovely shade. I was interested to read of you overdying it, that's something for me to try next time.

Congrats again on the SK review, well deserved :)

 
At 9:59 am, August 27, 2009, Blogger Daisy said...

Gorgeous purples, and how exciting having your blog reviewed!

 
At 5:15 pm, August 28, 2009, Blogger Linda said...

I love the colours you are using and those cables look lovely.

 
At 9:50 am, August 30, 2009, Blogger KnitYoga said...

You did a great job on the dyeing. What a lovely rich purple! Congrats on the review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home