Sunday, June 28, 2009

Woolfest stash!

I don't often post stash acquisitions on here, but will make an exception for my Woolfest haul! We ended up going to both days, and spectacularly failed to meet almost everyone I'd hoped to! The place was busy though, especially on the Friday. On Saturday we managed to get in to a number of stalls we couldn't see for people on the Friday :-) I'm sorry not to get to meet folks, I really am, it's so rare for me to have this kind of opportunity. Hopefully we will go next year, and maybe organise a mini meet-up too. I think leaving it to chance given the size of the venue, and the sheer numbers, isn't the best idea!

On to the yarn. First off, a three-pack of Caber from The Yarn Yard in a lovely silver-grey. Destined for a cardigan or sweater methinks.



Two skeins of the new Yarn Yard Kelpie laceweight cashmere. Beautiful stuff.



More YY laceweight, Gloaming:



The Yarn Yard Woolfest 2009 colourway in Toddy!



Lovely laceweight from Knitwitches - Lime Cordial in merino/silk (800m/100g), and Storm Clouds in organic water mill spun merino (1000m/100g):



The lime is destined for a cardigan, probably Paper Crane (unless I'm brave and do my own top-down creation!).

There was also some fibre from Wingham Wool Work, who also had a subscriber offer for a free jute bag which came in very handy for purchases.



This will be used for both felting and hopefully spinning. I already have a drop spindle from the Wool Clip, and after having seen people spindling, I now have a much better idea how it "works". There was so much lovely fibre around but I didn't want to buy lots until I know I can use it successfully.

There were some other bits and bobs, including some polystyrene foot forms(!) (ideas about making felted slippers and pixie shoes!), and a pair of sock blockers:



I also have some photos of the animals, which I'll save for my next post. I didn't take any of the stalls etc. as I wasn't at all sure it was the "done thing", and anyway I was too busy browsing to think about taking photos!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:26 pm, June 28, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I went on the Friday and bumped into the owner of my LYS - 3 times!The third time we were looking at he fleeces up for auction. I dream about making a garment from fleece to finished article but thinke I'll have to retire first. Combining a full time GP and mum means I flit from WIP to WIP...
I resisted virtually all the yarn for several reasons; too much choice, having a stash-busting year so limiting purschases unless for named projects and, budgeting.
Oh, and the latter two broken might lead to divorce :)
I did buy some bits though; tunisian crochet hooks, weaving sticks; and small amounts of beautiful yarns.
My highlight was having a private lesson on tunisian from Pauline Turner. My sister had crocheted a baby blanket for her latest grandson (2nd of 4; twin girls and one boy being the others) and Pauline had the finished article on her stand. Having wanted to try this for ages but finding it difficult to visualise, a few minutes with Pauline and I'm raring to go.
Definately going next year.

 
At 8:06 am, June 29, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry you didn't get to meet people but I'm gald to see you consoled yourself with some lovely purchases - that green laceweight is awesome - off to check out the pattern

 
At 11:13 am, June 29, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you have lots of stunning stash there. Yes, next time we'll have to arrange a meet up :)

 
At 5:25 pm, June 29, 2009, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

It was a great weekend and it was lovely to meet up with you, I love the new yarns:)

 
At 11:02 am, June 30, 2009, Blogger Kath said...

Such a shame we didn't get to meet up - it was so hot and busy it was a bit overwhelming and wearing wool even with short sleeves in that heat was such a silly idea!!
good to hear you had a fun time though and your haul is lovely!! Looking forward to seeing what all those lovely lace weights become!

 
At 4:45 pm, July 01, 2009, Blogger Linda said...

Your stash looks lovely, the grey caber will make a fab sweater.

 
At 6:13 pm, July 12, 2009, Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, those are gorgeous purchases! I so wish I could have gone. Looking forward to seeing the animal pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home