Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Woolfest or bust

This year will be my first visit to Woolfest (along with the Mr), I'm looking forward to it very much! I've wanted to go for the past couple of years but it has tended to coincide with holidays elsewhere.

We'll be visiting on the Friday, thankfully this is one fibre festival that is within reasonable driving distance for us (still 2 hours though!). I will be wearing my Ravelry badge with my Rav/blog name knittyinpink. Please feel free to say hello if you so wish (or indeed skedaddle in the opposite direction). If I spot any of my blog/Rav/forum pals I will do likewise, I am mostly depending upon name badges though!

My Tempest cardigan is currently pinned out and blocking, and may be finished in time for Friday. I may even wear it if the weather is on the cool side. I ended up frogging Ishbel though, as I had made some mistakes and after starting the wrong section and not realising until the centre of the row, it seemed the best thing to do. I really must try to knit lace in (a)daylight, and (b) peace and quiet. No TV! It's a pity to have to frog it this time, I don't have a problem with lace per se (and the charts for this are excellent), but do need to concentrate :-)

In lieu of knitting photos, here's a picture of one of my moth orchids, I love the pale yellow.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 4:10 pm, June 23, 2009, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Come and see us on the Kindred knitters stand, a place to chill and chat. We have mini workshops, guess the weight of the teddy and win laceweight yarn and much more:)
Will be good to put a face to a name:)

 
At 9:30 pm, June 23, 2009, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Woo hoo! A woolly festival! They are fun. Though a bit on the overload side of the deal - at BSG I was suffering from "fibre lock." So much stuff! I look forward to seeing your new almost FO and that is a pretty orchid! I had one and killed it - let it dry out totally and then watered it too much. Yet I can grow African Violets....

 
At 7:49 am, June 24, 2009, Blogger Joy said...

I'll be there on Friday too, along with Mr A :-)

 
At 8:04 am, June 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there Friday, not sure if the badge is packed though. I'm in transit at the moment.

 
At 12:39 pm, June 24, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Where is the Woolfest? I'm in the north west too (Euxton) and might be able to go.

 
At 12:42 pm, June 24, 2009, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Look forward to seeing all of you on Friday, with luck!

Tina, Woolfest is in North Cumbria, here is the website with all the information http://www.woolfest.co.uk/

Should be a tad under 2 hours driving time for you!

 
At 12:51 pm, June 24, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! Just been to drop hubbs off in Carlisle this morning; he's in training for the John O'Groats-Lands End cycle trip this August. If I can persuade him to cover the school run, I'll drop by :)

 
At 2:48 pm, June 24, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I can go; don't have a Rav/blogger badge but will pop into bloggers' corner anyway. see you friday

 
At 8:55 pm, June 24, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

Hope you have a fab time and take lots of piccies please :o)

Love your orchid - a beautiful colour - seems like you've got green fingers

 
At 12:03 pm, June 25, 2009, Blogger Donna said...

What a shame, if I go I'm going on Saturday!

 
At 12:09 am, June 27, 2009, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

We've been today and decided to go back tomorrow, probably get there around midday! Missed seeing anyone today, it was very busy though and I was in a bit of a daze! Hope to see you tomorrow if you go Donna!

 
At 4:45 pm, June 28, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

I was looking out for you on Friday, it was a shame we didn't bump into each other. It was soooo busy though. Hope you had a fab time and look forward to seeing your stash ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home