Saturday, February 14, 2009

Traversa beret







Pattern: Traversa by Woolly Wormhead
Size made: M
Yarn: Cascade 220
Yardage: 0.8 of a skein
Needles: 4.5mm 16" Addi circ & bamboo DPNs

This took me a little longer to complete than most berets, as it involves 1-stitch cables on almost every row before the crown decreases. I've not yet practised the art of cabling without a cable needle, something I will do on a piece of "scrap" knitting, not a proper project! The original design is for a silk/wool blend, giving the finished item more drape/slouch. As I had the Cascade in stash, it seemed daft not to use it, and I'm very pleased with the end result. It holds its shape well while still allowing enough slouchiness - it was blocked over a dinner plate and you can still see that "fold line" at the moment. The stitch definition is also great, I definitely foresee more 220 in my future. This hat is part of the February Vertical KAL on the Wormhead's Hats group on Ravelry, if you are interested in making one.

If you're thinking of making a donation to help those affected by the Victorian bushfires, please do visit serendipity.

I've also added a widget to the sidebar for p/hop, raising funds in aid of Medecins Sans Frontieres. There is a Ravelry group where you can also get involved if you have anything you'd like to "hop" and generally add your support. MSF are also now on Twitter and are aiming to reach 500 followers as their next target.

Finally, I am making progress on my KSH knit, Tender. Since the picture below was taken yesterday I've added another few inches of st st, and also found that wearing my glasses helped quite a bit with the night-time knitting. I normally only wear them when I'm working on a computer, and don't need them otherwise, but for close knitting work with fine yarn they are a big help.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:48 am, February 14, 2009, Blogger Joy said...

What a lovely beret - it's a really lovely shade of pink.

I am soooo determined not to get sucked into Twitter - I can see my whole life disappering into cyberspace before long ;-)

 
At 6:45 pm, February 14, 2009, Blogger MandellaUK said...

That's a very nice beret.

 
At 7:15 pm, February 14, 2009, Blogger Pete Masters said...

Hi Pete here from MSF, just wanted to say thanks for the p/hop mention!

And Aknita, twitter will get you in the end....

 
At 9:40 am, February 15, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

The beret is really lovely. I've never used Cascade 220 before but it sounds really good.

 
At 10:31 pm, February 15, 2009, Blogger Susie said...

The beret is gorgeous!

 
At 6:37 am, February 17, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

Love the vivid pink - great beret

Isn't P/hop a lovely idea?

 
At 12:33 pm, February 17, 2009, Blogger florencemary said...

The beret is such a gorgeous shape! I'm hoping to knit one soon...

 
At 6:33 pm, February 21, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

What a lovely beret, nice and cheerful and a great shape.

 
At 8:40 am, March 12, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that beret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home