Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Progress

Alhambra is the next project to finish, and the only one left over from 2008. I've completed 10 pattern repeats so far, and based on the yardage of the Eva, I should be able to do 20.



It's amazing the difference time makes. When I started this, I'd not really knit with any form of laceweight yarn before, and found it a little difficult to use. The project was soon put to one side, as I was increasingly busy at work and didn't have the patience or concentration to knit the lace pattern.

Recently I've been knitting with KSH, which is a much finer laceweight than the Eva. Having got to grips with that, and knitting away at more-or-less my normal speed with it, I switched back to Alhambra. The practice with the KSH has really paid off. Even the p2togtbl moves are flowing very easily. At one point I had really thought I couldn't cope with fine laceweight, so I'm counting it as a definite achievement.

Yesterday I received a nice surprise in the post. When I was knitting the latest Clapotis, I started off with Brittany 5mm straights. One evening I suddenly found the yarn catching on every stitch on one of the needle tips. Closer inspection revealed what looked like a small chip out of the wood, which we believe to be one of those natural "flaws" in the wood grain. It certainly wasn't anything that you could see beforehand, and probably just revealed itself after much use. I was reminded that Brittany operate a guarantee scheme and sent off an email explaining the problem, and asking for one replacement needle. Yesterday I received a whole new pair of 5mm straights from Artesano UK! I certainly didn't expect a complete pair and am most impressed with the customer service from Brittany/Artesano.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, February 17, 2009, Blogger gilraen said...

I love this! :) So so pretty :)

 
At 8:02 am, February 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh lovely, thats another one for the list!

 
At 1:17 pm, February 18, 2009, Blogger Modelwidow said...

Lovely colours and goes well with the pattern. Nice to hear of some good customer service.

 
At 9:27 pm, February 18, 2009, Blogger florencemary said...

Alhambra is gorgeous! Another one for my Rav queue...

Yes, the lace weight thing just seems to happen, doesn't it? I find it difficult to knit lace with anything heavier now.

 
At 6:07 pm, February 21, 2009, Blogger blog-blethers said...

Absolutely beautiful colours and the yarn works so well with the pattern. Love this:o)

 
At 6:36 pm, February 21, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, what a beautiful scarf. The colours and pattern complement each other perfectly.

Great to hear you had such wonderful customer service from Brittany. I had no idea they operated such a guarantee, that's good to know.

 
At 6:25 pm, February 23, 2009, Blogger Daisy said...

Good to know about the customer servivce!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home