Friday, February 06, 2009

Melinda cardigan





Pattern: Melinda from Colinette "Wayfarer"
Size made: 36
Yarn: Colinette Prism shade "Monet"
Yardage: a little under 6 skeins
Needles: 6mm + 5mm for edgings

I'm very pleased with this cardigan, it fits a treat. I went down a size after checking the schematic and am glad I did so. I added 3/4" to the overall length though. Skeins were alternated every 2 rows, which seems to have given a pretty even distribution of colour. Three of the skeins were from the mill shop sale room and were mis-dyes as far as I could tell, but they seem to have blended in very well with the others.

I've now taken the plunge and cast on for Tender in Kidsilk Haze. Previous encounters with this yarn have not ended happily. This time, I'm using metal needles as recommended by various people on Ravelry. Top notch advice, as the yarn moves freely on them. The cardigan is basically plain stockinette too, which seems a sensible approach given previous problems with lace. I'm now a few rows in to the back piece and am finding the actual knitting surprisingly speedy. This after the rather tortuous cast-on of 316 stitches (I used stitch markers every 20 to keep count) then the next row decreasing by half.

This week I also joined Twitter, which seems fun, especially the tweetings of Sir Stephen of Fry. ETA - I've changed my account to "protected" updates, which means you have to request to "follow" them. I've left it public until now to see how it went, but decided I'd rather have a little more control over it. I'm happy to approve folks I "know" from knitblogging, Ravelry and elsewhere :-)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:34 pm, February 07, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

Another fab cardi - great work and Tender promises to be a treat too, glad you're having more fun with the KSH :o)

 
At 9:09 pm, February 08, 2009, Blogger florencemary said...

Thanks for the heads-up for the Tender pattern!

Off to check out what Twitter is (being the twit that I am!)...

 
At 7:08 pm, February 13, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! You seem to be racing through your knitting. The new cardigan looks great.

I have serious knitting envy of Tender too - what a beautiful pattern.

I'm going to see what Twitter is too!

 
At 6:31 pm, February 21, 2009, Blogger acrylik said...

Beautiful cardi, and I love those colours. Hope the KSH knitting is still going well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home