Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Westside cap





Pattern: Westside by ChicKnits
Yarn: Cascade 220
Yardage: around 0.75 skeins - used up all the leftover yarn from a previous project

A very enjoyable pattern to knit, the twisted rib cables really "pop" especially when blocked (I found it definitely needed blocking to achieve the required shape, as the cables naturally pull the cap in). Cascade 220 works very well even though it is not a "true" aran weight, great to knit with and is very soft and cosy after blocking.

I've also finished the main knitting on the pink tweed cardi, it's now awaiting blocking of the pieces before I start seaming and add the button bands. Which leads me on to:

Plans for 2009!

- my next project will be a Clapotis in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted
- also going to cast on a cardi and/or hoodie, quite possibly Ginny and Cassidy
- and I must have more berets! Porom is probably next

I have also been musing on things I'd like to learn or achieve in 2009:

- socks! Something I fully intended to do in 2008, but didn't have the time and energy to attempt
- learn a little more crochet (I can do a (US) single crochet edging and that's it), so I'm not daunted when I see those pretty edgings. I also really like Bergamot from the Rowan Purelife Wool collection, so I guess I have something to aim at!
- tackle those "interesting" techniques like a tubular cast-on
- knit more items in laceweight yarn. I'm currently knitting Alhambra in Posh Eva 2-ply and seem to have got the hang of working with finer yarns at long last.
- knit some of the lovely things in my queue, using stash
- do some sewing, hand and machine (which involves learning to use the machine!)
- warp up my loom and do some weaving at long last

Here's wishing everyone a very happy and productive 2009!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:48 pm, December 30, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Oh, that cap is so cute - love it! Those cables really do pop, don't they, very pretty.

Good luck with your resolutions for 2009 - they all sound like a lot of fun :)

All the best for the New Year!

 
At 10:33 am, December 31, 2008, Blogger Donna said...

What a great cap.

Cassidy looks lovely, better add that to my queue!!!

Happy New Year!!

 
At 5:54 pm, December 31, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

Lovely cap and i look forward to seeing all your knits in 2009, and weaving! Happy new year!

 
At 8:32 am, January 04, 2009, Blogger Joy said...

Great stitch definition on those cables. It's a fabulous hat.

Belatedly - Happy New Year!

 
At 11:07 am, January 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat! Happy New Year!

 
At 1:35 pm, January 05, 2009, Blogger kathy b said...

OH the cap is wonderful. You can certainly knit socks. Doyou live where you could take a class for your first pair? That helped me. Happy new year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home