Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Long time no blog

Hoping to post here a little more often in future. There are a few FOs to show:



Twilleys beret pattern knit in Fyberspates DK wool (shade Foxglove). Intended as a matching beret for my long-serving Clapotis in the same yarn - the beret yarn is brighter but the overall effect is good.



Marble Muffin by Woolly Wormhead - knit in the called-for yarn, Araucania Aysen, lovely stuff. The finished article isn't very slouchy and might improve with blocking, although I maybe should have knit the largest size.



Dashing gloves in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran - made for terri in the Crafty Threads 'n' Yarns Autumn swap. I love how this yarn knits up and was loath to let them go!

As for my current WIPs, Flutter Sleeve is currently hibernating (plans are afoot to finish it off soon), as is Alhambra (ditto). My Sirdar cardi in the pink DB tweed is coming along nicely, with one sleeve left to knit before some seaming is required.

At the moment I'm doing some Christmas gift knitting, not something I've attempted for the past couple of years. First up is the Blowsey Ruffles scarf in some gorgeous Mirasol Miski:



The yarn is 100% baby llama, incredibly soft and knits up nicely. It does shed fibres a little though. Hopefully a good soak and gentle blocking will reduce that a little.

In other happenings, some very exciting (to me, anyway!) news was announced recently - Ultravox will be playing a reunion tour next year! I'm signed up with the official site so got priority booking, and we have seats 3 rows from the front for Manchester. This tour is something I never thought I would see, I think pretty much all fans were resigned to the fact that they would never tour again. This is also the full original line-up of the band, I can't wait!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:17 pm, December 03, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

You have been knitting some lovely things, the beret is great colours. I used to love Ultravox!

 
At 10:54 pm, December 03, 2008, Blogger Becky said...

I love the hats. And the scarf makes me want to drop what I'm doing and make one of those. Lovely!

 
At 12:46 pm, December 04, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Beautiful knits, just love the colours of your hats. That scarf is lovely - will have to look that one up.

Well done on getting those Ultravox tickets, I bet it will be a fantastic concert :)

 
At 1:32 pm, December 10, 2008, Blogger Daisy said...

I love the Fyberspates yarn - I've got fingerless gloves made out of the Foxglove colourway! Hope you're enjoying Richard Armitage in Spooks!! ;-)

 
At 11:10 pm, December 15, 2008, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Ultravox! I'm jealous! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home