Monday, December 22, 2008

Boo!

Meet Boo the bat:





The first time I have attempted a knitted toy, he's mildly lopsided but then so am I :-D I used buttons for eyes, partly because I didn't have any of those special toy eyes, but mostly because I like Coraline. This was a gift for the Mr and served in lieu of a Christmas card - we'd rather do something a bit more permanent and different.

The pattern is from mochimochiland and I used the called-for yarn, Cascade 220. I also used DPNs for the entire thing, quite the achievement for someone who usually descends into cursing if forced to use them!

Last gift knit was a quick-to-knit pair of mitts in leftover Miski. Well, it would have been entirely leftover Miski if I hadn't calculated I was 4g short for the second mitt, so another skein was swiftly acquired.



Gifts completed, I've picked up Alhambra again and now have 6 pattern repeats complete. I seem to be coping much better with the laceweight yarn this time around. It probably helps that I'm not tired or stressed! I'm looking forward to finishing and blocking this piece and seeing the scrolls and curvy sides in their full glory.

Last night I made a start on a Westside cap from ChicKnits. Using Cascade 220 again, the silver grey used for Boo, I should have enough I think. The brim cast-on was, er, interesting, I suspect this is some kind of tubular technique. I'd never done one before but I think it looks OK so far.

This will probably be my last post before the big day so I'll wish you all a very happy Christmas!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:04 am, December 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute Bat. Happy Christmas

 
At 7:46 pm, December 23, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Oh, Boo is adorable! I love him!

Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year :)

 
At 11:15 pm, December 23, 2008, Blogger Donna said...

Great to see you blogging again. Love the bat.

Happy Christmas.

 
At 7:11 am, December 25, 2008, Blogger blog-blethers said...

Lol Boo startled me there!! He's great!

Love the cowl too - just perfect to keep the frost at bay.

Just wanted to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas - and health and happiness in 2009.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home