Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blowsey Ruffles scarf



Blowsey Ruffles, made in Mirasol Miski, for a Christmas gift. The pattern is originally from The Inside Loop. The Miski was lovely to knit with and blocked nicely.

You may have noticed that Ruffles is being modelled on a dress form. I've promised myself an adjustable dress form for a long time, and bought this one from DonAngeli on ebay. Great service and a good budget product (mine is the Supafit adjustable dress form). I bought the small as my sizing is towards the top end of this size, the larger model would be a bit too big unfortunately. It is quite easy to adjust the sizing with thumbwheels, overall height is also adjustable and there is a hem marker too.

I'm currently knitting away on more Christmas gifts, last night I finished a Last Minute Purled Beret, and my current project is a Quickie Cowl in doubled-up King Cole merino DK. After that it's some simple mitts, and a mochimochiland pattern which will remain a mystery for now!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:03 pm, December 16, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

The scarf is lovely, I like the brooch on it. I have wanted a dress form for no particular reason, I just like them!

 
At 3:55 pm, December 16, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

Great work on the Christmas knits - and those beautiful hats too. Nice to see you back in blogworld.

 
At 3:16 pm, December 17, 2008, Blogger Daisy said...

I've been admiring Miski in the shops - good to hear that it works out well too!

 
At 9:05 pm, December 20, 2008, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Love the Blowsey Ruffles and I'm so impressed with your industrious Xmas knitting. Great that you have a dress form!

 
At 1:34 pm, December 21, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Oooh, love the Blowsey Ruffles scarf, very pretty knit. And what a lovely pin to go with it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home