Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Central Park Hoodie















At long last, I had the time to sew up CPH this bank holiday weekend! I took my time with the sewing, using mattress stitch on all seams, so it took quite a while. I like the idea of sewing in the sleeve heads before seaming the side and sleeve seams all in one go, I think the sleeves are the neatest I've done so far.

The Rowanspun Aran (shade Hardy) was lovely to knit with and blocked very nicely, softening somewhat in the process. The only slight down side is that it tends to break when you are sewing up with it. I'd heard this beforehand and even though I took care to try not to leave very much stitching to tighten up at a time, I still had a number of breaks. I'm struggling to remember how much yarn I used in total, I think around 6.5 skeins (time for a stock take in the Rowan department!).

I'm so pleased with how this garment turned out, it's a great fit with some ease so you can easily wear things underneath. I made the 40" size as I'd heard this could run a little small, but after blocking it's just right. The sleeves are quite long but I like them that way, nothing worse than sleeves at "half mast" particularly when it's cold!

I didn't make many mods, I used a three needle bind-off on the hood rather than casting off and seaming (could have grafted it too), and I knit the front bands all in one go rather than each side individually. I made 6 buttonholes and used olive wood buttons.

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

At 5:38 pm, May 06, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! It fits great and the cables are fab.

 
At 6:33 pm, May 06, 2008, Blogger florencemary said...

CPH is absolutely gorgeous!

I love the colour, the fit, everything - and great photos!

 
At 9:52 pm, May 06, 2008, Blogger Daisy said...

Oh wow, CPH looks fantastic! Congrats on all that seaming! ;-)

 
At 11:14 pm, May 06, 2008, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Gorgeous. That's the only word for it.

 
At 10:46 am, May 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really really lovely!! I see what you mean about the colour ;-) What a lovely CPH and great piccies. Your hood is very neat indeed.

 
At 1:24 pm, May 07, 2008, Blogger Donna said...

No wonder you are pleased, it's fantastic. Great colour and fit too. Well done!

 
At 5:54 pm, May 07, 2008, Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

That's just gorgeous! So neatly done too - your cables are fab.


Cracking colour too :D

 
At 7:59 pm, May 07, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

It's FO tastic over here! This is absolutely wonderful - love the colour so much - congratulations :o)

 
At 6:46 am, May 08, 2008, Blogger Becky said...

That looks gorgeous on you! Wonderful job; it must be very satisfying to finish such a great sweater.

 
At 11:03 am, May 08, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful! The colour is gorgeous, and I love the buttons you chose. Looks really fabulous on you!

 
At 1:09 pm, May 08, 2008, Blogger Liz said...

I love your hoodie!!! It looks so good on you and the colour is gorgeous. Well done! Bet you wish the weather was a little cooler!!

 
At 5:29 pm, May 11, 2008, Blogger Cinders said...

Wow its gorgeous. I love the colour

 
At 2:18 am, May 12, 2008, Blogger Joy said...

I just love your CPH - what a wonderful colour it is. And such a great fit.

 
At 11:15 pm, May 12, 2008, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

It looks great - nice to see so many lovely photos (Says she who has had hers finished a month and still hasn't photo'd it!) It's a gorgeous colour.

 
At 11:58 pm, May 14, 2008, Blogger yarnivorous said...

my goodness, two lovelies finished recently! Hope you don't have to wear the hoodie for a while though ;-)

 
At 9:49 am, May 17, 2008, Blogger Lynda said...

This is lovely. Love the colour too ;0)

 
At 5:11 pm, May 21, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I have been a coment slacker! You have been busy! Everything is wonderful! I love the central park hoodie it fits you perfectly! Love the color!

 
At 5:48 pm, June 21, 2008, Blogger Seahorse said...

It's fab!!! Really suits you too. And your hair has grown so much! :)

 
At 11:23 am, August 06, 2008, Blogger Girl Vintage said...

Love the hoodie and the colour is just beautiful. I'm only new to the world of knitting but once i have had a little more practice i will def add this knit onto my ever extending to do list. fab stuff! X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home