Friday, May 02, 2008

Alexandra

This has been finished for a little while, blocked earlier this week:





Alexandra from Fitted Knits, using Rowan Plaid in shade "Sea Thistle". I added a little extra length between the decreases and increases, and also after the increases. This version has an extra cable twist right near the lower edge. I settled on doing short sleeves instead of the three-quarter ones in the pattern. With my mods this only took a little under 4.5 balls of the Plaid, in the 36 size. Needles were Denise 6.5mm circs.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, May 02, 2008, Blogger florencemary said...

Alexandra looks fantastic on you!

Yes, I think I did the extra cable on the body (though I did do the sleeves as per the pattern). The Plaid yarn is gorgeous!

 
At 3:27 am, May 03, 2008, Blogger Joy said...

Oh isn't that just fab - I love everything about it. Style, fit, yarn, colour - perfect :-)

 
At 3:47 pm, May 03, 2008, Blogger Donna said...

That looks great, oh dear, another one for the queue!!

 
At 4:33 pm, May 03, 2008, Blogger Terri said...

It looks great! Really nice with short sleeves too:-)

 
At 9:59 pm, May 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous - fit, colour, everything!!!

 
At 10:36 pm, May 03, 2008, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Very nice, and one of those very useful garments.

 
At 7:23 am, May 04, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

I love that, and the shorter sleeves look great. It looks good on you, I can't wear bulky knits as they make me even bulkier!

 
At 9:39 pm, May 04, 2008, Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

That's lovely and you look fabulous in it. Great colour too!

Linz xxx

 
At 10:09 pm, May 04, 2008, Blogger Daisy said...

Oh wow, Alexandra looks fantastic! The colour is so yummy too. I hope you get lots of opportunities to wear her/it now!

 
At 5:55 pm, May 06, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely version of this - looks really great, hope you're enjoying her

 
At 10:57 am, May 08, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Oooh, Alexandra looks amazing, and it looks fab on you. I'm sure you'll get loads of wear from it this summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home