Monday, April 14, 2008

Beret in Posh Yarn DK

Used just over half a skein of the Helena merino DK left over from the Forest Canopy shawl - I now have a matching shawl/scarf and beret! Already worn when I went shopping this afternoon :-)



The pattern is from Twilleys Freedom Spirit book 455. I'm going to make another to match my original Clapotis too.

This week I've been working on Alexandra from Fitted Knits. I'm just finishing off the garter stitch edging then casting off the main body. This is a very quick sweater to knit. I'm using Rowan Plaid in shade Sea Thistle.



I didn't bother to add extra cable for the photo so the lower edge looks small in the photo. I've been trying this on as I go along and I'm very pleased with the overall fit. I've added a little extra length in the body, both in the mid section between decreases and increases, and also after the increases to incorporate a fourth cable set.

I've just bought some lovely lace patterns from Knitspot - Gale, Alhambra and Hypoteneuse. Gale will be perfect in some purple Rowanspun 4ply from my stash, and I'm thinking of using one of my 55g skeins of Posh yarn laceweight for Alhambra. I don't know whether to start one of these next, or make the Earth Maiden wrap by Ilga Leja. Definitely in a lace knitting mood though.

Great news, our tickets for the Mighty Boosh were delivered today - and we have seats 5 rows from the front in the stalls! *happy dance* Very glad to at last know what seats we were allocated, as the original priority booking just said "general admission".

Finally I've added my pattern notes for the Glam Rock Ski Hat to the original post, linked from the sidebar. The pattern is also now linked in on ravelry, although I seem to be having a few issues being able to have my own "designer" linkup on there - more on that depending on further developments!

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 8:27 pm, April 14, 2008, Blogger florencemary said...

The beret's gorgeous, but I guess you can't go too wrong with PY yarn! And great to see your Alexandra: I knitted the extra length in the body as well. Are you knitting sleeves?

Yes, Anne Hanson's patterns are fab. I've shelled out for a few of them as well.

Hope you enjoy the Mighty Boosh, or the Meaty Boosh, as my almost 3-year-old granddaughter calls it (actually, I'm not sure if she should be watching it...?!).

 
At 1:31 am, April 15, 2008, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Love the beret. The colours are beautiful.

 
At 7:12 am, April 15, 2008, Blogger florencemary said...

Just hastening to add (before the authorities are called in), I don't actually think my g-daughter watches the MB - she's just hears my daughter talking about it, and repeats everything she overhears!

 
At 8:37 am, April 15, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

That looks lovely. I think I might make a hat with some of my yarn. The earth wrap is gorgeous, make that next for summer evenings!

 
At 11:43 am, April 15, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Oooh, your beret is gorgeous! How great to have a matching beret and shawl. That beret is on my to-do list - I do like the style.

Alexandra looks fantastic, love the colours.

Yay, glad you got great tickets for the Boosh! Have a fab time!

 
At 11:50 am, April 15, 2008, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Love the beret! What gorgeous colours and your Alexandra is also looking lovely. Great that you've got your MB tickets and how wonderful that you've got seats just five rows from the front!

 
At 5:59 pm, April 15, 2008, Blogger Donna said...

Yay for you on the tickets. I've still not heard about mine yet but at least I'm going to Dublin aswell.

 
At 10:10 pm, April 15, 2008, Blogger Seahorse said...

Love the hat!

Alexandra looks super too :)

 
At 11:25 am, April 16, 2008, Blogger Joy said...

What a beautiful beret. Alexandra is looking lovely too.

Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen "The Mighty Boosh?"

 
At 3:39 pm, April 16, 2008, Blogger kathryn said...

I've got that Freedom Spirit book but I hadn't realised how nice the beret would look. Definitely one to add to my list - yours is lovely

 
At 3:34 pm, April 17, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

Fantabulous beret and I hadn't thought of using Rowan Plaid for Alexandra, looks lovely.

 
At 9:09 pm, April 19, 2008, Blogger Kath said...

Love the beret - such lovely colours and nice tp have a matching FCS! Can't wait to see the completed CPH - that colour is fab!

 
At 7:03 pm, April 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That beret is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the pattern and the colours. I'm not a hat person but I want one now :-))

 
At 11:36 pm, April 26, 2008, Blogger Daisy said...

Alexandra's looking fab!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home