Sunday, March 30, 2008

And in other news

The CPH front bands are now cast off and it's ready for blocking!



I knit the edging in one piece, as I'd used a three needle bind-off on the hood and saw no reason to do the front in two halves. I've added 6 buttonholes too.

Some more yarn acquisition, from the Yarn Yard again:



100g of sock in "Spring" and a 50g toning skein in "Bedazzle". There were more tempting colourways this week but I missed them, you can see them on the YY blog. I confess I snagged a bargain skein of merino yesterday too, along with another 50g of Mysteron!

After seeing Oxford Kitchen Yarns sock yarn on Sarah's blog I'm afraid I was led into temptation once again:



100g of 100% BFL sock yarn in "Candyfloss". I'm blaming all these pretty colours on it being Spring! It was certainly a lovely change to be able to take photos outside last week. One of the advantages of getting up early for work is leaving earlier too, so I can get home in the strong daylight. A disadvantage is trying to readjust your body clock to getting up over an hour earlier, I've spent two months back at our old offices and last week was a shock to the system! So much so that I ended up sleeping in very late yesterday, but I still managed to finish CPH and start a beret from the Twilley's Freedom Spirit pattern book in the remaining merino DK from the FCS.

I recently mentioned that I was going to the theatre to see "Sleuth", then entirely forgot to report back on it. I enjoyed it very much, it really is a two-man play, and both Michael Praed and Simon McCorkindale were excellent in their respective roles. I don't think I've ever seen the film before so I didn't know the plot, and the various twists and turns were very entertaining. Being in a front row seat was a wonderful experience, and I caught Michael's eye a couple of times, once during the play itself and also during the curtain call :-) (and he has very lovely twinkly eyes). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you see it next month Aknita!

I hope my fellow F1 knitters enjoyed the Malaysian Grand prix last Sunday too. Compared to the Melbourne craziness it was a relatively tame affair, but some great moments including Nick setting the fastest lap of the race, and doing some impressive overtaking. Huge congrats to Nick for getting back up the field after an unfortunate start, and to Robert (Kubica) for coming in second! Go team BMW Sauber!



(Nick on the podium in Melbourne - picture courtesy of and © BMW Press Club)

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 6:25 pm, March 30, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh you're a busy blogger today - CPH looks fantastic and I'm glad to have helped on the yarn acquisition front :o)

 
At 7:18 pm, March 30, 2008, Blogger Becky said...

What a great accomplishment. Your CPH is gorgeous. Love the color.

 
At 7:41 pm, March 30, 2008, Blogger gilraen said...

The CPH is indeed georgeous!! I love the new Stash too, as you said, very springlike! :)

 
At 8:02 pm, March 30, 2008, Blogger Auntie Noo said...

ahhhhh a BMW fan???? - As i live not 10 mins from Woking I kinda feel obliged to support McLaren first and foremost..... but BMW is good - and I'm enjoying the more open season this year. Actually I just popped by to see your CPH! It's looking great!

 
At 9:12 pm, March 30, 2008, Blogger Linda said...

CPH is gorgeous, can't wait to see all of it! Oxford kitchen yarns look so nice don't they, I'd like all the shades.

 
At 10:37 pm, March 30, 2008, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Some lovely yarn purchases there and I can't wait to the CPH fully completed. It's looking magnificent from what I can see!

 
At 9:34 am, March 31, 2008, Blogger acrylik said...

Oooh, looking forward to seeing CPH once it's all been blocked - the little hint looks fab!

Gorgeous yarn acquisitions, those pink shades are just perfect for this time of year. Yay to longer days and being able to get out in that sunshine :D

 
At 1:51 pm, March 31, 2008, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Go CPH! Nice to see the bit of F1 on your blog. I'm more of a Moto GP girl, but nice all the same.

 
At 4:38 pm, March 31, 2008, Blogger Cinders said...

Your CPH is gorgeous. I love the colour too.

 
At 8:00 pm, March 31, 2008, Blogger blog-blethers said...

You wee tease! Just flashing that glimpse of your CPH:) I've been waiting to see FO pics of this one as love the tweedy yarn you chose... FCS looks so pretty too finished. And just look at all that stunning new stash ... am absolutely drooling over the keyboard here:)

 
At 10:52 am, April 01, 2008, Blogger florencemary said...

CPH is looking good - I love the colour! And your Forest Canopy shawl is superb - I'm definitely going to knit this one soon...

 
At 8:42 pm, April 02, 2008, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh lots of lovelies here and look fwd to seeing CPH blocked . Thanks for the link too :)

 
At 12:52 pm, April 05, 2008, Blogger Lindsey said...

I love the new stash; such sweetie colours. The definition on your cable bands is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home