Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hats and more hats

Plenty of small projects in recent times, still some I can't yet show but here are the ones I can!



Urchin Cap by Woolly Wormhead, knitted over the past couple of days in RYC Soft Tweed, shade Bramble. Lovely pattern and it fits a treat, and I really enjoyed knitting with this yarn. Pity it is now discontinued!



VeeDub beanie, just a simple 2x2 rib border, stockinette then 4 sets of paired k2tog/ssk decreases at the crown. Knit in New Lanark Donegal Silk Tweed Aran in Dark Graphite. I needle felted the VW logo using Cascade 220.



A rib beanie in Noro Silver Thaw, made for a gift - one of my favourite patterns I think as I've done three so far, all gifts!

More details on Ravelry/Flickr for these, I do find blogging coming very low down the priority list these days! I generally update my Rav projects list fairly regularly though.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday/break, wishing you all a very Happy New Year! My goal in 2008 is to knit up some of my stash, I've already made a start :-)

Finally - maricel, thanks for your comment, I can't find a way to contact you though. I do have the pattern you're after from the now-defunct Spun, so please email me directly on the address in the sidebar :-)

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

At 3:28 pm, December 30, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Great hats - I love the Wormhead one the best I think :)

And just want to wish you a very Happy New Year!

 
At 7:22 pm, December 30, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Super hats! The VW one is especially good :)

Happy New Year to you and yours too :)

 
At 10:37 pm, December 30, 2007, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Love the hats, especially the Woolly Wormhead Urchin cap. Probably it's the pattern I like, but definitely the colour.

I know what you mean about spending more time on Ravelry. Forget bloglines, it's how I keep up with what people are up to now.

 
At 12:13 am, December 31, 2007, Blogger blog-blethers said...

What fantastic hats! I especially like the Urchin hat.

Just wanted to wish you and yours much health and happiness in the coming year...

 
At 11:51 am, December 31, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

They are all gorgeous, and I love the needlefelting on the V-Dub hat - what a fantastic idea. The Noro one is my absolute fave tho :D

Have a wonderful New Year, all the very best to you!

 
At 2:33 pm, December 31, 2007, Blogger T said...

Hat Queen strikes again! :) Love them all but how I wish Urchin would suit me as that one really catches my eye. Well done on the needle felting and the colours of the Silver Thaw beanie are delicious.

 
At 10:07 pm, December 31, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Fab hats! have a great 2008 xxx

 
At 4:16 pm, January 01, 2008, Blogger yarnivorous said...

All hats! Goo
d hats! I've been socks sock socks recently, so I knitted a hat from handspun instead, now that I am in a warm climate....8-)
Happy New Year to you!

 
At 5:48 pm, January 01, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Hat Factory - great FOs.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a fab 2008

 
At 6:30 pm, January 01, 2008, Blogger Modelwidow said...

Warm heads in the Dreamcatcher area then - very nice.

Best wishes for 2008

 
At 10:42 am, January 10, 2008, Blogger Joy said...

What great hats - and I hope CPH has grown a bit too.

A very Happy New year to you!

 
At 7:39 pm, January 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!
As a confirmed VW fan I loveLoveLove the VeeDub hat. Hope your fingers survived needle-felting intact!!!

 
At 12:17 pm, January 30, 2008, Blogger Jo028 said...

CPH is looking fabulus, as are the hats. The New Lanark Aran looks lovely :)

 
At 5:46 pm, February 03, 2008, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

lovely hats especially the Vw one , brilliant :)
I am lousy at blogging these days, please forgive my late posting too !!

 
At 10:41 pm, February 09, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

I can beat Artis-Anne by posting an even later comment! I love the hats, especially the Noro one.

Happy New Year (we're in February now)!

 
At 1:27 pm, February 20, 2008, Blogger Liz said...

Lovely hats! You won a prize in my competition!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home