Saturday, December 01, 2007

CPH progress

Time to post a progress picture of the CPH. Thus far the back and both front pieces are complete, and I've made a start on the first sleeve. This does tend to be put aside frequently, mainly due to gift knits at the moment.



Not easy to get any kind of decent photos this time of year, the photo has been tweaked a little to hopefully show up the cables a little better.

I've now decided upon my PIF gifts and have started the first one, I'm sort of aiming for January with these.

Here's something I made a few weeks ago, using two strands of aran weight yarn held together (Noro Kureyon and Jamiesons Shetland Aran):



It's the larger felted bowl pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It went through two washes at 70 degrees and has felted reasonably well. It's certainly a lot smaller! I blocked it using a glass basin so deliberately crimped the top edge over rather than pinning it out flat. I have to say I prefer the way Cascade 220 felts, losing all stitch definition, whereas you can still see it in this piece. The original pattern uses Lamb's Pride Bulky in a single strand, I did wonder if using two strands gave the yarn a little less wriggle room.

This week I've also completed another knitted gift, which I can't yet show (you can see why CPH progress is slow!).

A couple of links which may be of interest:

Project Download - I saw this via Neil Gaiman's blog, tis for a very good cause.

Free Rice - found this via Piece of Beauty, it's a highly addictive vocabulary game, and for each definition you get right it donates 20 grains of rice via the UN. My best level is 50 (DH got this too), don't ask me how except I seem to be able to work out many of the words even if I don't know them! I'm not Googling them either! If you want to keep your scores go to Options before you begin, as it defaults to not saving them.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 10:25 pm, December 01, 2007, Blogger T said...

I love this CPH. The bowl is very cute too. I know how it feels, I have less wriggle room myself. On account of the yarn ;)
You did better than me on the Rice thingy - I got 44 or 45 I think.

 
At 6:21 pm, December 02, 2007, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Your CPH is looking soooo good. The colour, whilst not something I would usually be drawn too works really well with the pattern and the end is in sight. If I can ever get hold of the pattern I'm going to knit it too someday.

As for the free rice, you're doing much better than me and I think I have quite an extensive vocabularly. I'm up to 45 and will keep trying!

 
At 2:23 pm, December 03, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

You are all much cleverer than me, I only got 42 maximum!!
CPH is a great colour.

 
At 7:33 am, December 04, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Cph is looking good, lovely colour!

 
At 12:44 pm, December 04, 2007, Blogger Jerry said...

The bowl looks beautiful...Noro makes everything a little bit better, yes? :-)

 
At 10:06 pm, December 04, 2007, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The CPH is looking really good and you're almost finished! Looking forward to seeing it when it's an FO!

 
At 12:06 pm, December 05, 2007, Blogger Jo028 said...

CPH is coming on nicley, love it that colour. The bowl is good too :)

 
At 6:43 pm, December 05, 2007, Blogger belaybunny said...

Your CPH is coming on really nicely. It's a great colour.

 
At 7:28 pm, December 06, 2007, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Great CPH and I love the colour. I am with you re getting Xmas knits taking up most of my time . Nearly there I keep telling myself !!
Love the felted bowl

 
At 10:30 pm, December 07, 2007, Blogger Lindsey said...

The Lamb Pride's Bulky is fairly loose, not much twist, so I imagine that it would lose stitch definition more easily than something with more inherent structure.

 
At 8:20 pm, December 10, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Your CPH is looking great - I love cables! Gift knitting does tend to take over doesn't it? And I love Neil Gaiman's blog :)

 
At 2:07 pm, December 13, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

CPH is looking brilliant! I love the bowl too.

 
At 4:58 pm, December 22, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

CPH is looking excellent, I love the colour. Looks like it will be extremely cosy. The felted bowl is great, I like to see a bit of the stitching, it adds a bit of texture.

That Free Rice game is addictive, it can certainly while away some time. Only got up to 44 so far though!

Have a great Christmas!

 
At 9:41 am, December 31, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

Your CPH is looking amazing so far. I really like the colour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home