Sunday, August 12, 2007

Quite a lot of knitting

I thought I'd dust off the blog and post up the various knits I've completed this summer. You can always find a full set of FO photos on my new Flickr account, by the way. Having signed up and uploaded lots of photos in preparation for Ravelry, I've found it's a fantastic resource and will be adding to the galleries there regularly.

In chronological order:

One Skein Wonder in Noro Kochoran



This used around one and two thirds skeins - I made the sleeves longer and finished them with a 2x2 rib to match the border around the body.

Dashing gloves in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran



Made as a gift - they used approx. three-quarters of a skein per glove.

Antoinette cardigan from Rowan 39



Yarn is Rowan Cotton Rope, shade Cyclamen. It took 15 skeins rather than the 14 specified. There is a "modelled" photo on the Flickr gallery.

Bergere de France Hooded Jacket



Finally finished! It does actually fit quite well, after I feared it would be much too small. With hindsight I'd have made size 3 rather than size 2, now I know how the sizes actually translate! Again there's a modelled pic on Flickr.

Currently on the needles is an entrelac scarf in Noro Kureyon, inspired by this beautiful scarf showcased on whip-up. This photo was taken last week, with a full first section using shade 154, then half way through a skein of 164:



I'm now almost finished with the fourth skein out of six. I'm concentrating on knitting this at the moment, my other two WIPs are the Smooch top from the ASC book and the Yelena cardigan which has been stalled for a long time! Here's the almost-complete back of Smooch:



As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is using the ASC that came as the gift when I renewed my Rowan membershop this year. I bought an extra skein from Jannette and amazingly it was the same dye lot!

The stashalonging is going quite well. I've bought a few skeins of handpainted yarn along the way, and 3 Noro Silver Thaw in the Stash sale. I had a rather large day off when on holiday in July, but stuck to the list I'd taken with me:



We have: 10 skeins of Rowan Damask in Molasses, destined for the Tulip top; a pack of Summer Tweed in Shark on sale in Sheepish in York; and 6 skeins of Wensleydale Longwool DK for the top-down cable raglan from IK. I also snagged the Happy Hooker book and the new pattern book for Twilleys Freedom Spirit and Freedom Wool. There are some fabulous patterns in the latter and I have plenty of FS in stash! This week I've bought the three new pattern books from Debbie Bliss, I particularly like the Luxury Collection. I also got the new Bergere de France pattern book (508) again with some lovely tempting patterns.

I'm very pleased with the new Rowan collection 42, I love the Doon Coat in Kid Classic, and the Fyne tunic in Felted Tweed. There are a good dozen or so patterns in there that I would make.

As far as Ravelry is concerned, there are currently 2120 people ahead of me in the queue. I'm almost done with uploading photos to Flickr in preparation, I have one last cache of stash to photograph. Although I have a spreadsheet with my stash listed, having the photo sets together is great, as the colour and texture speaks to you rather more strongly than a written list can!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 7:46 pm, August 12, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Oh lovely Stash, can I have a wee feel. And 'smokin' needles!!! you have been very very busy, I especially love the gloves, nice red! :)

 
At 9:50 pm, August 12, 2007, Blogger Terri said...

oh my, you have been busy!!!! Nice to see you back:-)

 
At 7:39 am, August 13, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Hello! Nice to see you, the finished knits are all great. The Noro scarf is lovely. I have never done entrelac.

 
At 9:44 am, August 13, 2007, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Goodness you have been busy & its great to see you back; what lovely FO's :) Great entrelac with lovely colours ; just what Noro was created for in my opinion :)
Now YOU are organized for Ravelry and ready for the off :) look me up when you get there. I am under Eluned (my middle name )

 
At 11:25 am, August 13, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

Great to see you back, I nearly missed it! You've been busy. I really cannot get my head around entrelac!

 
At 12:14 pm, August 13, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Great to see you back :) And you have been busy! I love the Dashing gloves (stunning colour) and the entrelac shawl is beautiful. I'm really pleased with Rowan 42 as well, and think I might knit Cologne.

Ravelry is worth the wait, as its a great resource, and having all your stash and projects photographed beforehand will save you loads of time :)

 
At 3:18 pm, August 13, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Lovely pics! Good to see you blogging :)

 
At 9:10 pm, August 14, 2007, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Gosh you have been busy! Nice to see you and your projects back :-)

 
At 9:29 am, August 15, 2007, Blogger Sussex Yorkie said...

Gosh, you have been busy. I love the one skein wonder. Ravelry is well worth the wait but very dangerous!

 
At 8:03 am, August 16, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice to see you back :)

What a good amount of knitting you have got done, some really lovely FOs there and a rather nice select amount of stash addition.

I love the entrelac scarf - I'm working on something similar but much more muted shades at the moment - these brights are just glorious

 
At 10:10 pm, August 16, 2007, Blogger Kath said...

What a fantastic pile of FO's! You certainly haven't been idle with your time off!
That entrelac is really lovely looking and the Noro really does work well with the technique! Good to have you back!

 
At 2:27 pm, August 18, 2007, Blogger Jo028 said...

Hello, welcome back! Your fo's are brilliant. That entrelac is looking fab. I want to make smooch with my gifty ASC too (if it ever gets here!)

 
At 10:34 am, August 19, 2007, Blogger Daisy said...

Wish I'd been that organised *before* joining Ravelry! Looking forward to seeing you on there!

 
At 11:01 am, August 20, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Beautiful FOs there, I especially like the Dashings ;) The Entrelac scarf looks gorgeous, I love those colours.

 
At 8:08 pm, August 20, 2007, Blogger belaybunny said...

nice to see you back. wow, you have been busy. All you FO's are great, I love the entrelac.

 
At 5:19 pm, August 26, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

You really have been busy this summer. Can't wait to see you in Rave;ry. Hang on in there, it's worth the wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home