Sunday, March 25, 2007

On a whim

Last night I decided to wind the skein of Emily 4ply in "Yodel" into a centre-pull ball. Once I'd seen it wound and how the colours were blending I couldn't resist starting a Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl (clickable).



The picture shows the colours well but they are even fresher and more springlike in reality. This shawl will definitely need to be photographed outside when completed! I'm very pleased with how the Emily blend knits up too, it's gorgeous soft yarn and works very well on the suggested 5mm needles for this pattern. I decided to use straights as I'm currently being driven potty by knitting the jacket hood on circs - I like them but I need a rest from them at the moment!

I also wanted to say a huge congrats to Hazel for her first published pattern in the current edition of "Knitting" magazine. It's a beautiful lace tablecloth in two shades of Sirdar Luxury Cotton. Hazel also has a pattern in the upcoming "Simply Knitting", stay tuned!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 5:30 pm, March 25, 2007, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

oohh fabulous, I love the colours:)

 
At 6:24 pm, March 25, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

The colours are lovely and it looks like they are wrking really well with the pattern. No wonder you couldn't resist starting!

 
At 11:14 pm, March 25, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Lovely colour combo! It's going to be a really gorgeous shawl.

 
At 1:43 am, March 26, 2007, Blogger Joy said...

That's going to be stunning! And I LOVE Life on Mars!!!!!! :D

 
At 8:01 am, March 26, 2007, Blogger Sussex Yorkie said...

Very impressive start, I have the same yarn so its nice to see it knit up. On the Life on Mars front I have just seen the first 2 episodes, am now hooked!

 
At 9:31 am, March 26, 2007, Blogger artyfartykat said...

It looks beautiful, colours and pattern.

 
At 12:15 pm, March 26, 2007, Blogger T said...

That will be *gorgeous* :D

I know what you mean about circs, as SKB has been driving me mad!

 
At 1:36 pm, March 26, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Those Posh Yarns are so lovely, the shawl will look yum in that colour!

 
At 4:22 pm, March 26, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

This shawl is going to be so beautiful in this lovely colourway - but why in all the world is it called "Yodel"? ;)))

 
At 7:51 pm, March 26, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

I love that colour!!! It didn't look as good on the skein ;) :)

 
At 10:01 pm, March 26, 2007, Blogger Alice said...

Those colours are just so fresh and zingy - I love them.

 
At 3:15 pm, March 27, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Great choice of colour for your FCS - I think this shawl looks stunning in variagated yarn, and yours especially so. But agree, its a bit of a nightmare trying to photograph them!

 
At 10:06 pm, March 27, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

That looks so pretty so far, the colours are just right for this time of year.

 
At 4:21 pm, March 29, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Looking absolutely yummy! I've bought that pattern now after seeing T's shawl, and now I see yours I can't wait to get started :) Looking forward to seeing how your shawl progresses.

 
At 6:31 pm, March 30, 2007, Blogger Daisy said...

Those colours are gorgeous!

 
At 8:56 am, April 01, 2007, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

What a lovely colour as you say so Sprin like ; look fwd to seeing it finished

 

Post a Comment

<< Home