Monday, March 19, 2007

Dashing gloves and a beanie to match

My "emergency" knitting is now complete, firstly here are the finished pair of "Dashing" gloves:



I was pleased with the match I got with the colours from two different skeins of the yarn!

Pattern: Dashing by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Noro Silver Thaw shade 9, 2 skeins
Yardage: approx. three quarters of a skein for each glove
Needles: 4.5mm Addi 12" circular and 4.5mm 16" bamboo DPNs

With the third skein of yarn I made a hat to match:



Pattern: Ribbed Noro Hat by Spiral's Free Patterns
Yarn: as above, 1 skein (used around three quarters)
Needles: as above

I liked the shaping effect used in this hat, you probably can't see it too well on my photo but take a look at the original pictures in the link.

Last night I finished a rib beanie hat in Colinette Skye, I'll post this up separately with the pattern I worked out for it (nothing mindboggling I hasten to add, but I was quite pleased with how my shaping worked!).

Here's some obligatory yarn pr0n, a gorgeous skein of Emily 4ply in shade "Yodel", from last week's Posh Yarn sale. The colours in this are just fabulous.



This would be great for the Forest Canopy shawl. I have a skein of Helena in purples and pinks that I was going to make this in first, but I am beguiled by the spring shades in this one!

Two more books have landed on our doormat and they both live up to expectations:



Lace Style has patterns for everyone, there are plenty that I would make. I hear that "Bag Style" will be out in the autumn, another one for the wish list! Fitted Knits is another lovely book, I like the presentation and there are a lot of lovely patterns in there. Two of my favourites are the Bluebell sweater and the Textured Tunic:





Bluebell reminds me of a more day-to-day version of the SKB. Speaking of which, mine is on temporary hold while I finish at least one thing! Must be the knitting version of the spring cleaning bug!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At 7:11 pm, March 19, 2007, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Great how the gloves match so well and the beanie also; you'll need them in this weather brrrr
LOL we both got the same books at the same time and guess which two are my favs in that book, yup the same ones LOL I was going to do SKB first,until I saw Bluebell but I have changed my mind and think I might hopefully have some yarn in my stash for it
Love your new Poshyarn addition; I am going to have some serious catching up when I get off this yarn diet :)

 
At 8:30 pm, March 19, 2007, Blogger Alice said...

Lovely gloves and hat - a girl can never have too many.

I so want that Fitted Knits book. Your favourites are just perfectly lovely.

 
At 11:33 am, March 20, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Dashing look great and I'm so impressed that you managed to get the Noro to match so well.

Great books and love the Posh Yarns - I think it will make a gorgeous Forest Canopy Shawl.

 
At 11:48 am, March 20, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Dashing and the Beanie are great!

Nice to see a pic from FK that I've not spotted online before.

 
At 4:01 pm, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the gloves and the matchign stripes are fab and not easy to do with Noro yarns. The hat is fabtoo.

 
At 5:24 pm, March 20, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Beautiful matching hats and Dashing you've made!!

I love that Posh Yodel colour, I don't remember seeing it, must look more carefully next week ;)......:D

 
At 6:10 pm, March 20, 2007, Blogger artyfartykat said...

Good timing, getting them finished just before the snow comes!
The books look really good, I've heard good things about them both.
The Posh Yarn is beautiful a nd would make a stunning shawl.

 
At 6:47 am, March 21, 2007, Blogger Joy said...

Great match on Dashing which are lovely. And love the Posh Yarn - I have had many a virtual Posh basket but never made that final step!

 
At 10:09 am, March 21, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

The gloves are a great match, and I could really do with a hat like that, I'll have to do one I think.

The patterns are very like the SKB aren't they, may have to get that book too!! Oh dear, you are going to make me spend money!!

 
At 12:53 pm, March 21, 2007, Blogger T said...

Never say the emergency knitting is done, you are tempting fate :D
Love the hat and Dashings, they are beautiful. I'm liking Fitted Knits book too, still haven't decided what to make first though ;)
Isn't Yodel pretty? I have a feeling we might end up with more than one Forest Canopy :)

 
At 2:41 pm, March 21, 2007, Blogger Kath said...

Those are my 2 fav's from FK as well! Love the dashings and hat - great colour and super match up with the varigation!
Love that Emily Poshyarn - really yummy colour - can't ait to see how that knits up!

 
At 10:17 am, March 22, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

They've matched so well, they look very cosy in that yarn.

I think I'm going to have to get fitted knits, the more I see of it the more I like it.

 
At 7:49 pm, March 22, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Fantastic colours in your hat and gloves. I am sure you will get some cosy wear out of them at the moment! I have not seen the lace style book yet so will be interested to see what people knit from it.But I do not need any more books...(franticaly deleting all bookstores from favourites!!!)

 
At 10:50 pm, March 22, 2007, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The Dashing gloves look fantastic - the stripes match perfectly and the beanie looks fab, too. Really looking forward to seeing that gorgeous Posh Yarn knitted up into the Forest Canopy Shawl. It will look stunning!

 
At 11:15 am, March 23, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Your Dashing gloves and matching beanie are amazing, I just love those colours. They match up perfectly - result!

Yes, Fitted Knits is definitely on my wish list, the patterns look gorgeous, especially that Texture Tunic.

 
At 6:30 am, March 24, 2007, Blogger Lara said...

The gloves and hat are beautiful! Love 'em. I must covet your Posh Yarn ... I love the yellow colorway.

Lace Style is a wonderful book. I love how they show cased lace in different weights of yarn. I agree that both books are great!

 
At 7:02 pm, March 24, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

The gloves and hat are lovely. I love the Fitted Knits book too.

I'm so jealous of your Posh Yarn! You must have a pretty good stash of it now. I can't wait to see the Forest Canopy shawl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home