Saturday, March 24, 2007

And remember - stay out of Camberwick Green!

The most priceless line yet from series 2 of Life on Mars :-)

I've been concentrating on finishing my Bergere jacket this week, and am not far off completing the hood. It's not helped by the Toison yarn being awkward to knit with! I'm aiming to have this finished before Easter, meaning I can spend time on new projects during the holidays. Pictures when I have it all seamed up!

In the meantime, here's the last instalment of my Fyberspates sock club subscription. This is Blue Faced Leicester and is incredibly soft and squishy!



Because you should not pass up humungous bargains when they are waved under your nose:

Firstly a pack of delicious Jaeger Shetland aran in pink from Jannette's offer email. I've been coveting this for about a year!



Kemp's currently has a lot of bargainous yarn in their sale listings and I snagged 8 balls of Limestone (cream), and Faded Denim, in Sirdar Spree (60% cotton 40% acrylic chunky) for ... 69p per ball!



Claire very kindly sent me these fab skull slipper socks last week, I love 'em!



And finally, a photo from our garden this afternoon. We've been outside in glorious sunshine and the garden is looking pretty darned tidy! The quince flowers are starting to open, how lovely to have blossom in March (clickable to larger photo):

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6:47 pm, March 24, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

LoM is just the best - I shall feel quite bereft without it in a few weeks time!

Lovely stash you've got there!

Hope the BdF jacket starts behaving itself so that you can get on with something more enjoyable.

 
At 7:24 pm, March 24, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Talking about other stashes and you keep a pile of it here too. ;) :D

I love all this vicarious stash collection. The Fyberspates sock yarn looks fab!!!!! :)

 
At 8:08 pm, March 24, 2007, Blogger T said...

It's horrid weather here today, glad you had a good garden though, the quince is beautiful :)
All of the yarn is lovely - so much soft and squishy!

 
At 10:56 am, March 25, 2007, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Wow lots of eye candy there. I knitted a jacket in Bereger's Toison last year and as you say its a B but it looks like fabric when its done.

 
At 1:56 am, March 26, 2007, Blogger Joy said...

Beautiful pink yarn! Love the Fuschia, I resisted temptation myself, goodness knows how! :D

 
At 1:39 pm, March 26, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

The last Life on Mars episode was the best episode yet wasn't it! Your new yarns are great, I had to hide the credit cards from myself with Jannettes latest offers!

 
At 10:01 pm, March 27, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

Ooh great stash acquisitions. I love your naughtiness when it comes to yarn, I get to live vicariously through you.

I love your blossom photo, it's so pretty.

 
At 4:25 pm, March 29, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Great stash acquisitions!

I love the blossom photo, especially on a rainy day like today, it's good to know spring really is on its way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home