Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mad Hatter

You may have noticed a theme running through recent knits, this post is no different! The hat in Sophia was finished earlier this week:



Pattern: my own
Yarn: Posh Yarn Sophia 6-ply pure cashmere (DK)
Shade: Cover
Yardage: approximately one + one-third skeins
Needles: Addi 4mm 12" circular

I wanted a hat with a deep turn-up cuff to keep my ears warm, this is just a simple design that shows off the fabulous colours in Cover.

I'm currently part way through knitting a hat for DH - by request! It's in the same Yorkshire Tweed chunky that I'm using for Skully, and is essentially a very similar design to the hat above. He wanted a hat that would keep his ears warm too! I've also worked on Skully this week and the cream Brown Sheep yarn has arrived with which to knit the skulls.

Inevitably more yarn has made its way here :-) I looked at Woolly Wormhead's hand-dyed yarn page again and found more items had been added. I snagged the following chunkies:





Gorgeous yarns, the colours are glowing a little under the camera flash though. I think it's time to break out some of Ruth's hat patterns that I bought when she first published them. I fancy an earflap hat in the first yarn.

Last Sunday's Posh Yarn sale page was once again a mine of temptation. This is a skein of Helena 100% merino 4-ply in Flourish (which I am almost sure I will use to make the Forest Canopy shawl, I change my mind every time I see another colourway!); and a skein of Sophia 6-ply cashmere in the delightful Moth. This is all muted pinks and browns and there is this gorgeous bit of subtle blue in it too, it's fantastic. This will most likely become a 3am cable hat for me.



Next weekend I will be running a Valentine's giveaway so please check back then!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 7:37 pm, February 03, 2007, Blogger Alice said...

What an adorable hat. Again, the colours are lovely enough to brighten up any day. And I so like the deep ribbing.

I have practically no stash of yarn at all, so I'm getting quite envious of yours, especially as it's all so bloomin' gorgeous!

 
At 7:46 pm, February 03, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

The hat is lovely. It definitely shows the yarn of at its best.

I'm so jealous of all the lovely yarn you've been buying recently!

 
At 7:54 pm, February 03, 2007, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Y'know, I had no idea it was you who purchased that order - the penny is dropping now! Glad you're happy with them - shall look forward to seeing them knitted up.

 
At 11:08 pm, February 03, 2007, Blogger yarnivorous said...

oooh, colours! Yummy!

 
At 8:20 am, February 04, 2007, Blogger T said...

Mmmmm, your Cover hat is beautiful. A good name for a hat with 'ear cover'!
Nice yarn from Ruth, look forward to your WW hat.
I LOVE that Moth colour, it's so beautifully understated.

 
At 8:50 am, February 04, 2007, Blogger Becky said...

Great hat! The colors are wonderful.

 
At 11:09 am, February 04, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Love the hat!

Your purchases are very droolsome!

 
At 11:16 am, February 04, 2007, Blogger MandellaUK said...

It warms the cockles of my heart to see the lovely colourful hat and gorgeous yarns, from both sources.

Posh Yarns is a real temptation isn't it? I've actually set the alarm on my phone so I don't miss the sale tonight.

 
At 11:47 am, February 04, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Gorgeous hat! It is going to keep you so warm, and the colours are just delicious.

Yay to DH requesting a knitted item! That's fantastic!

You have bought some beautiful stash additions there, very droolsome!

 
At 1:45 pm, February 04, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Gorgeous stash haul there! And your hat looks wonderful - it really shows the colours off.

 
At 3:58 pm, February 04, 2007, Blogger artyfartykat said...

Nice stash enhancement she says enviously!
Love the hat too, shows the yarn off really well.
I daren't look at Posh Yarn page!

 
At 7:19 pm, February 04, 2007, Blogger Badger said...

The hat is great, really compliments the yarn.

And I'm desperately trying not to buy more yarn, but seeing all your lovelies is proving seriously tempting!

 
At 8:32 pm, February 04, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Oooo... yummy yarns! That hat is lovely too!

 
At 6:50 am, February 05, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

You're doing the most beautiful hats, that's for sure - it looks so perfectly warm, and I love the colours!
The same goes for the new yarn that you got - my gosh, how cozy it looks, I want to jump right into it and touch it! Very beautiful colours too!

 
At 7:00 pm, February 05, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Oh it's lovely to see the Cover knitted up. Your hat is georgeous. :)

So is Worm head's yarn :)

Dee's is hard to resist too. :)

 
At 9:19 am, February 07, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

What a lovely hat, and I'm very jealous of your stash. I may have to have a look at this Posh Yarns sale day!!

 
At 10:11 pm, February 07, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely hat, your ears should be very snug.

 
At 7:54 am, February 08, 2007, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

I too bought some of that Sophia in Romeo shade and totally agree it is the yummiest yarn . I have made a neck warmer cum hat with mine (will post piccies this week) Love all your other yarn goodie too.

 
At 10:37 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

The hat looks lovely. The deep brim looks perfect for this weather.

I love the stuff from Ruth, they're both gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home