Saturday, February 17, 2007

And the winner is ....

... Mandy! Congratulations, the yarn will be on its way to you soon!

Another reason to celebrate, this is the 200th post on this blog :-)

Thanks for all of your comments on last week's post, especially those of you who offered advice about Fair Isle knitting. As you can tell my reasoning about knitting flat was fairly poor! It just hadn't occurred to me what a nuisance purling would be. I happened to be reading the intarsia section in Stich n' Bitch last night and it is followed directly by Fair Isle. In there she mentions that traditonally it is knit in the round anyway. I'll definitely be knitting the beret in the round, the pattern simply needs the two edge stitches removing to make an even pattern repeat in the round.

Gilraen asked about the Sophia 6-ply for hats. I used about one plus one third of a second 55g skein to make the plain hat in Cover, for the cabled 3am hat I'm guessing about the same amount extra would have sufficed to make the hat long enough to cover my ears :-)

Hopefully I will have some picture updates tomorrow, I just started the skull illusion scarf last night and am almost done with the back piece of Skully (which is why I was brushing up on my intarsia - it's years since I last did it!).

10 Comments:

At 8:29 pm, February 17, 2007, Blogger T said...

Well done Mandy! :D And Happy 200th DC! :D

 
At 9:40 pm, February 17, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow. 200 posts, that is amazing! Your blog was one of the first I started reading when I realised that knitting blogs existed.

 
At 12:38 am, February 18, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Too Cool!! I can't wait to get it thank you so much!! Congrats on your 200th post!!

 
At 9:13 am, February 18, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

Ooh congratulations on your 200th post!

 
At 12:03 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Congratulations! and Thanks for the info :D

 
At 1:35 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

Congratulations Mandy, and congratz on the 200th post!

 
At 5:08 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger artyfartykat said...

Happy 200th blog and well done Mandy!

 
At 10:00 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, congrats on your 200th post!

Well done Mandy!

 
At 8:38 am, February 22, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Happy 200th-entry-anniversary - and yay for many more to come!

 
At 7:06 pm, February 22, 2007, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Happy 200th blogpost! Don't ya just love Life on Mars - fabulous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home