Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Yarn, progress report, and delurking!

First things first, it's Annual Delurking Week. I can't remember whose blog I found the link on originally, but it's a nice idea. If you drop by and read the blog, please leave a comment this week! I hereby promise to do the same wherever possible.



I've snagged some gorgeous yarn in the most recent One Off Wednesday sales at Posh Yarn. The colourways they come up with for these sales are fabulous, always something different and you often end up falling in love with one or two of them.



On the left we have 2 x 100g skeins of "Helena", a DK merino in colourway "Dales". I do believe this will be used for the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl which a number of bloggers have been making recently. On the right is a skein of "Lucia" 4-ply merino/cashmere in shade "Muse", which will be used for the Ilga Leja Diamonds on the Diagonal scarf. That is more than likely to be my next project after Clapotis is finished.

I'm on the last straight repeat section of Clapotis and hoping to finish it very soon. Knitting progress has been somewhat hampered since the end of last week as I have been trying to fight off a cold lurgy. It got me on Sunday night though, I'm feeling a bit better today if a little short of breath. All this because I had 3 days at work last week, and people will insist on turning in when they are unwell!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 3:20 pm, January 09, 2007, Blogger T said...

Ooh, how delicious! I agree - OOWs are too much of a temptation ;)

That was one fast Clapotis. Your Muse 'Diamonds' scarf will be fun to knit with that lovely yarn.

I hope you feel well soon and I'm glad you're not spreading the virus at least.

It will be nice to meet some of your lurkers, that's a great idea :)

 
At 4:57 pm, January 09, 2007, Blogger RooKnits said...

Another lurker reveals herself.
Love the Posh Yarn, I'm addicted too... I made some amazingly soft cashmere handwarmers with my most recent purchase and spent most of last night balling my latest sock yarn purchase. Love the Clapotis too. Mine is keeping my snuggly warm at work today.

 
At 5:39 pm, January 09, 2007, Blogger Daisy said...

Oooh tasty tasty yarn!!

 
At 6:07 pm, January 09, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Oooh! GORGEOUS yarns! Love your plans for them too. Hope you're back up to full strength soon.

 
At 7:19 pm, January 09, 2007, Blogger Alice said...

They're lovely colours that you picked.

Hope you feel better soon. And that you're not at work!

 
At 9:42 am, January 10, 2007, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Gorgeous Posh Yarn and that Diamonds on the Diagonal scarf is lovely. I'd really like to knit that myself! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 3:59 pm, January 10, 2007, Blogger Handmade Belle said...

Delurking - great! I'm delurking so much this New Year I've started my own blog!

 
At 4:03 pm, January 10, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

My gosh, these colours look so yummy - looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with this yarn!

 
At 5:19 pm, January 10, 2007, Blogger Becky said...

Lovely yarn. It's nice to have plans for it already. Looking forward to seeing your new projects -- and your finished clapotis!

 
At 6:29 pm, January 10, 2007, Blogger Diane said...

De-lurking! AB FAB!!!Love it!!
And ditto on the cold lurgy , i hope you get well soon...we didn't get to have our flu jabs until 9th December 06!Due to NHS distribution of vaccine....don't ask!;0)

And as usual my arm looks like an army of red ants have moved in , hill and all JEEEEZ does it hurt....and now Bobbies g/f has caught her "best" friends cold...OH JOY!

So now we're all snotty !Roll on some nice frosty weather to wipe all the bugs out completely....OR,we could all buy some of these wonder cleaning sprays to eradicate all known lurgies...HAH

I likey like those scrummy yarns you got and can't wait to see your latest Clapotis, i'm going to beg some scrumptious yarn for my b'day to make another Clapotis for myself.....who knows maybe the b'day fairy will ACTUALLY listen to me this year!!!LOL

 
At 6:40 pm, January 10, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Here I officially delurk :)

I wanted to write and say I would miss your blog when you had a little rest pre Christmas but I didn't feel I could as we hadn't been 'introduced' yet!

Looking forward to seeing the finished Clapotis - I really love seeing that pattern in the different yarns people use.

 
At 10:02 am, January 11, 2007, Blogger Linda said...

Just de-lurking to say Hi!!

 
At 9:41 pm, January 11, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Great idea! I hope you get lots of delurkers. The Posh Yarns are beautiful!

 
At 11:37 am, January 13, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Ooooh, yummy yarn!! It's going to look amazing knit up.

Hope you're feeling much better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home