Monday, January 15, 2007

Two scarfy WIPS

Before Clapotis, two scarves I've started this week. The first is the Diamonds on the Diagonal scarf in Posh Yarn Lucia, with two repeats done. This is basically garter stitch with diagonal rows of eyelets. A lovely pattern to showcase any multicoloured/hand-dyed yarn.



I started this one today, and since the picture was taken earlier tonight I've knitted one full skein of yarn - so it's half done already! This is the Slanted Eyelet scarf knitted in Noro Silk Garden shade 232:



This is a really simple 2-row pattern, and I found it interesting how I was flying through it tonight, compared with a year ago when using yarnovers and K2togs this way was new to me, and I had to be quite careful. I do not fear the lace! Well, I do fear the lace in all-over lace patterning on garments with shaping, but one day I'll tackle it and not give up :-)

Well dagnabbit, I forgot to take photos of the Posh Yarn that arrived yesterday. I'll wait until the skein of "Twinkle" arrives and show them all together - those sale pages are temptation incarnate and I'm hopeless at resisting.

Speaking of sale pages, you might like to take a look at the Cucumberpatch Rowan sale page (first text link on the main page). They have added a number of yarns including two shades of Summer Tweed at a bargainous price. I snagged some to knit Cozy from Knitty :-) Cozy is from the same issue as Clapotis, strangely enough, and also the issue (Fall 04) with the PDF file I mentioned in the previous post. I also intend to knit the Unbiased bag from sari silk yarn in my stash. Go Knitty!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:58 am, January 15, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Lovely WIPs there, you are certainly busy!

Thanks so much for the reminders about Cozy and Unbiased, they are lovely patterns.

 
At 1:03 pm, January 15, 2007, Blogger T said...

What happy knitting! Both of those yarns keep you really interested don't they? Lovely. And isn't it great that things you couldn't do without a bit of sticking the tongue out in concentration a bit last year are much easier now? I love that :)

No, I didn't buy Summer Tweed *whistles*

 
At 10:43 pm, January 15, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Clapotis is very beautiful indeed and I really like the diamonds scarf too, the way the colour of the yarn is pulled is as if you dragged a brush though paint, very effective.

 
At 7:09 am, January 16, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

You're doing the most beautiful scarves, that's for sure! What a lovely pattern the first one has, and the Noro of the second one... ohhh, yummy!

 
At 2:17 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger shaz said...

I very much fear the yarnover *shudder*

 
At 10:21 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

They're both really pretty, especially the silk garden one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home