Sunday, January 21, 2007

Slanted eyelet scarf, and more yarny goodness

Busy bee this week, as I completed the slanted eyelet scarf in 3 days. Washed and blocked on Friday night and ready to wear on Saturday!



Pattern: Slanted Eyelet Scarf, Jan 4th 2006 from the 2006 Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden shade 232, 2 skeins
Needles: 5.5mm

As I noted in an earlier post, I was much more confident knitting this eyelet pattern this time around, and it flew off the needles. The Silk Garden was great to knit with, and softened up some more on washing. It's also lovely and warm to wear.

At the same time I blocked the eyelet scarf, I decided my original Clapotis could do with a bath and a proper blocking. I simply steam pressed it under a cloth when it was completed. The yarn relaxed beautifully and I had to do little more than spread it out to dry. Note to self, definitely block pure wool garments every time. here's a photo, to show how nicely it blocked and to show how it still looks as new, despite being worn 5 days a week all winter so far, and quite a bit during the spring and summer last year too (the yarn is Fyberspates merino DK):



My Fetchings are still drying so I'll take a photo when they are dry.

Here's my recent haul from several Posh Yarn sale days:



At left, Sophia 6-ply DK in Cover. This is pure cashmere and is just the softest yarn I have ever ever touched. I want to make a hat from this, and possibly some wristers if it will stretch to that! Centre is Lucia 4-ply in Twinkle, and right is Lucia in Cancan. I am spoilt for choice for yarn to make the other Diagonals scarf and the Forest Canopy Shoulder shawl now :-)

I also snagged a pack of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky in "Damp" from Jannette's special offers this week. I've wanted to make Skully from Stitch 'n Bitch for an age, and this is a perfect sub for the Brown Sheep yarn. I'll get a skein of Brown Sheep in cream for the skulls though. I started this on Friday night, I'm just into the stockinette stitch now but this was taken earlier today (I even did a small swatch :-o)

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 7:27 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

How very beautiful your Eyelet Scarf is, and it looks simply stunning in these Noro-colours! Fantastic work - and the same goes for your Clapotis, what a great blocking job you did! It's amazing what a good blocking can do to a knitted garment, isn't it? Oh, and that yarn! That yarn!!!! I want to jump right into it and cuddle it - it's totally awesome!

 
At 10:35 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

The eyelet scarf is absolutely gorgeous! I'm drooling over the PY as well!

That's really good to see a well used Clapotis looking like new :)

 
At 11:10 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger T said...

The scarf is gorgeous, and the Clapotis does look fresh!
Mmmm, PY goodness :D
Love the flecks in the Tweed, your Skully is going to be a lovely jumper and I am going to have to make one. Skulls, yay!!! :D

 
At 4:05 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger gilraen said...

Lovely finished knits. :)

Now I know who beat me to the Cover 6ply ;) :D

I'm looking forward to seeing what you knit with it ;)

 
At 5:44 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

The eyelet scarf is gorgeous. I love the colours. You are a knitting whirlwind at the moment!

 
At 6:08 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

I think your eyelet scarf is amazing, those colours are gorgeous!

Your Clapotis looks fantastic, your tip on blocking it out is a good one.

Oooh, all those Posh Yarn skeins are beautiful :D I fell off the wagon as far as Posh Yarn is concerned last week ;)

 
At 11:26 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger Alice said...

How on earth do you get your used knitting to still look new? Heaven knows what torture I must inflict on mine!

The colours of the yarns are breathtaking - what fab choices, and your scarf is just lovely.

 
At 11:54 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Wow - what a great slanted scarf!
Here's me been waiting for an email - should've checked the blog earlier! Noice new look :-)
And the Posh yarns - fabulous!

 
At 2:04 pm, January 22, 2007, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Fab scarf, fab, clapotis x 2 and I'm loving the hat! Well done you! I think it's going to snow here very soon, better log off and get to the Post Office!

 
At 2:54 pm, January 24, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

The eyelet scarf is so gorgeous. And what a lovely haul of yarn. The Yorkshire Tweed is looking lovely knitted up (I made Coronet in some).

 
At 1:46 am, January 26, 2007, Blogger Lindsey said...

I agree with everyone else - the eyelet scarf looks fabby, and maybe a bit 'Ask the Family'?

 
At 3:13 pm, January 26, 2007, Blogger Carla said...

Your slanted eyelet scarf is gorgeous!
And I definitely LOVE the posh yarns you've got! the colourways are to die for. Can't wait to see the hat and wristwarmers on you!

 
At 10:27 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

Blimey! That was quick. It's stunning. I love the way the yarn stripes on the diagonal.

How gorgeous is that stuff from Posh Yarns! I can't wait to see it knitted up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home