Sunday, January 21, 2007

Coronet hat in Cotton Ease

I finally completed Coronet after having the band languishing for a few weeks while I completed Clapotis!



Pattern: Coronet by Alexandra Virgiel (Knitty Winter '03)
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease, approx. two thirds of a skein
Needles: 5mm 12" Addi circular and 5mm bamboo DPNs

I managed to graft the cabled band from the wrong side after misreading some instructions, but it looks fine and at least you know where the back of the hat is :-D I tried this on and it felt lovely and surprisingly warm. It is intended for Caps for a Cure.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:29 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Very beautiful indeed! I wanted to try my hands at this pattern too this winter - well, as winter still hasn't arrived here, I suppose I'll have a bit more time left to do so! ;) It's awesome, and I love the luscious pink you've been using!

 
At 8:11 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger Becky said...

Love it in pink! I just love this pattern and you've done a great job with it.

 
At 10:33 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger Seahorse said...

Realy smart! I'm sure it's eventual recipient will really appreciate it.

 
At 11:09 am, January 21, 2007, Blogger T said...

I thought this one was for you. You're very generous to give it away as it was hard work and such a lovely hat.

 
At 2:18 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger shaz said...

That eyelet scarf is very cute!

 
At 6:06 pm, January 21, 2007, Blogger acrylik said...

Beautiful hat, I just love the band of cables.

 
At 2:55 pm, January 24, 2007, Blogger Piglottie said...

I love this pattern, and wear mine all the time so I'm sure the new owner will love it!

 
At 10:25 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Rain said...

That looks lovely, the pink is really vibrant. It's going to be adored by whoever receives it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home