Friday, November 10, 2006

Hats hats hats

The WIPs on the sidebar haven't actually moved this past couple of weeks, but there has been much industrious activity in the making of hats.

Firstly here are the three I made for the Operation Christmas Child boxes:



L-R: Natural Dye Studio wool DK; Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran; Colinette Point 5

The patterns are: own basic hat recipe, London Beanie, and a Colinette beanie pattern.

One of my colleagues really liked the Colinette hat and asked me to make one for her, so I used a skein in colourway Morocco:



I now have 2 more commissions for children's hats! They won't be done just yet though.

I've started a pair of Fetching gloves for myself in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk which makes a beautiful soft warm fabric. My hands have been grumbling with the cold so warm accessories are my priority at the moment. Once these are done I'll be making a 4x4 rib hat at the same sort of gauge in DB Cashmerino, I need something really warm!

Another post is coming along later!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:32 pm, November 10, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the colours of the Colinette hat. You look like you've been knitting non-stop since your last post!

 
At 9:30 am, November 11, 2006, Blogger Tusa said...

Yen! The Colinette hat caught my attention too. Lovely!

 
At 10:07 am, November 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

Hats galore! They're all lovely. I've not seen Morocco shade IRL life, but that's a nice colour isn't it?

Come on then, where's that next post? :D

 
At 10:07 am, November 11, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Wow - you have been busy! They're all great but the Colinette ones are especially lovely.

 
At 1:19 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Gorgeous hats and the Colinette colours are just beautiful :)

 
At 1:27 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

I love the Point 5 hats! I knitted one in colourway Fire and adore the way this yarn and the colours knit up.

 
At 1:11 pm, November 12, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

You have been busy! The colinette ones are gorgeous, but I really like the others too, simple can be so effective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home