Saturday, November 11, 2006

The first rule of Lace Club

You do not talk about Lace Club. Oops! Too late :-) Last week I received the November yarn, cashmere-silk laceweight in a gorgeous deep rich red. The picture doesn't do it justice, the red is somewhat darker than the camera flash allows.



We also received the link to a lovely free pattern, the "Pot Pourri" lace scarf. I'm keen to make this, especially as I also snagged some bargainous Debbie Bliss cashmerino Aran on eBay this week. The garnet tones very well with the Posh Yarn, this came from Alba Yarns (and I have another pack on its way). The deep plum/purple is from Belleflower Designs who are sadly closing down. After working with the Cashmerino again for the London Beanie I decided it was perfect to make hats and wristers, hence the eBay searching.

I also received the Winter 06 Interweave Knits this week, and after seeing Arwen again I ordered that second pack of the garnet yarn. So now I have yarn enough for that and for accessories. I also love the Equestrian Blazer, and in fact most of the designs in this issue.

Daisy asked (or rather, Monkey asked!) if we had taken any monkey photos at the zoo. Sorry Monkey, we didn't, but we did see one of the spider monkeys "singing" in his tree on the island in the capybara enclosure :-) Couldn't get a decent shot of him unfortunately. We didn't have much time to wander around and see all of the animals but we're definitely going back in the Spring when the weather is better and the days longer.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:27 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

That red yarn is to die for! Can't wait to see it knitted up.

 
At 1:53 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

Ha! You caved on the garnet!

Some really scrummy yarn there :)

 
At 5:24 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger Lindsey said...

Hmm, yummy plummy. Are you sure it doesn't want to come & live in my house? 8D

 
At 6:05 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I like Arwen too! I hope you knit it then I can see what it looks like in that lovely garnet yarn.

 
At 7:02 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

Yep, scrummy is definitely the word :D

 
At 10:21 pm, November 11, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Bellissimo!

 
At 5:41 am, November 12, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

My gosh, this yarn is to die for, especially the red one looks so yummy! Looking forward to seeing it knitted up, it must be heaven to work with! I really love Arwen too, what a beautiful pattern this is!

 
At 8:06 am, November 12, 2006, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

Oh it all looks so gorgeous and I bet when knitted up be even more so!!

 
At 1:03 pm, November 12, 2006, Blogger Daisy said...

Please can you take some Monkey pics in the Spring then? And I can sing too - very well!

Daisy says that she likes the yarn colours!

 
At 1:08 pm, November 12, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

It all looks divine, but especially the Posh Yarns. I can't wait to see it knitted up. The colours are just so rich and vibrant.

 
At 6:10 pm, November 12, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Ohhhhh, delicious!!

 
At 12:08 pm, November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely colours and the texture looks gorgeous, too. I really like Arwen. Very chic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home