Thursday, October 19, 2006

Drop stitch scarf

Firstly thank you everyone for your comments and good wishes for Basil! He is doing a LOT better, after 24 hours of taking ground-up hay and pellets in a thick paste from a spoon, he started showing interest in eating his "normal" food, and is now eating hard, crunchy foods again which he wouldn't touch before :-) It looks like he is well on the road to full recovery.

Here's the drop stitch scarf with corsage that I mentioned last time. Apologies for the pictures being a little "flash heavy" but we are losing the bright daylight around 5pm now. The pattern is from Knitting magazine a little while ago, from a "Make It Pink" feature. I used Wendy Wild Spice super-chunky yarn, 50/50 wool/acrylic and extremely soft - around one and a quarter 100g skeins.



I'm off to update my yarn and projects spreadsheets now. I need to pick some new projects to start too! I think next up will be Coronet from Knitty for CFAC, then I think a cardigan and a scarf .... I finally picked up the hood on the jacket last night so the end is in sight for that!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 5:54 pm, October 19, 2006, Blogger T said...

I love that scarf! I've not done a corsage yet, but have a hankering!

 
At 7:55 pm, October 19, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely scarf, the flower is so pretty. It is so gloomy at the moment walking to work and home from work in the dark but that scarf looks really cheery.

 
At 8:10 pm, October 19, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

The scarf looks great and I love the corsage, wonderful little detail. I've made Coronet and it was a really quick, easy pattern but a wonderful end result.

 
At 9:30 pm, October 19, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The scarf looks wonderful! As Kendra says, it looks so cheery and the corsage really sets it off.

 
At 11:14 pm, October 19, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

How pretty is that!! I love that color! The little corsage is a great detail.

 
At 6:36 am, October 20, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful scarf! That will be a joy to wear.

 
At 7:01 pm, October 20, 2006, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

Love the scarf!!!

 
At 10:34 pm, October 20, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

Oooh, like that! Very pretty!

 
At 9:07 am, October 21, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

just the thing to brighten up a dull day!

 
At 5:24 pm, October 21, 2006, Blogger Lindsey said...

The scarf looks lovely, especially with the matching flower.

 
At 7:37 pm, October 22, 2006, Blogger Daisy said...

Phew, I'm glad Basil is recovering. Fab scarf!

 
At 6:43 pm, October 23, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful! I totally love this scarf, especially the corsage, what a great detail this is!

 
At 11:06 pm, October 23, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Your scarf is beautiful and such a fantastic, vibrant colour - perfect to brighten up the oncoming winter months.

Glad to hear that Basil is recovering.

 
At 11:32 am, October 29, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

The scarf is gorgeous, the flower really sets it off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home