Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WIP update

I was holding back from posting until I had some completed knitting to show, but thought I could at least give a quick progress report:

Ariadne now has a completed neck ruffle. This is a LOT of stitches. I was going to wimp out of the armhole ruffles but DH informs me that I should do them, so I will ;-) I used my new 30" cord and Denise needles to do the neck ruffle and they worked very well with the Lasso. I'm hoping to complete Ariadne this weekend or very early next week. It looks like this will barely take 3 skeins of yarn, the pattern calls for four at my size. Hopefully it will be OK size-wise!

The poor capelet is still not finished, due to a wee holdup on the yarn arriving. It looks like that will be the first item to be completed when we are on holiday from work the week after next.

The shrug is progressing nicely, the back piece is now completed. The Sirdar Click is very pleasant to knit with. The pattern is the shrug with collar from Debbie Bliss "Simply Soft", the book written for her Cashmerino chunky yarns.

The KSH scarf has been sitting looking at me for a week or so :-) It will be picked up again in due course! I'm currently working on another Blanche hat as I need to get the three hats washed, dried and sent off to the summer group from CFAC. For this one I'm adding one more 4-row repeat of the main pattern. No more work has been done on Sgt. P, but I'm treating this as a carryalong project, alongside others, and there is no rush on it.

A few of you asked about how the Boye set compares with the Denises. I haven't used the Boye needles just yet but have had a play with them. The cords are a lot less flexible than the Denise equivalents, but they don't appear to want to curl up like some I've seen. I like the feel of the needles, they are metal but coated which gives a decent measure of grip. They are also rather pointy, the Denises are not but then again they are plastic. I've used the Denise set for all sorts of things and have not had any problems with them.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:31 pm, September 06, 2006, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

Boy it all sound rather busy!! I m glad I only got 2 projects left on the go. However I have been thinking about at least 5!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:44 pm, September 06, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

You sound busy! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your finished projects. Thanks for the quick review of your new needle set.

 
At 10:53 pm, September 06, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, you are keeping busy! Hope the yarn for the capelet arrives soon, that must be really frustrating waiting for it. Looking forward to seeing progress pics when you have the chance.

 
At 9:20 am, September 07, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Gosh, you've been totally busy lately, I can't believe how many projects you've been working on! Naturally, I'm more than curious to seeing them all in their glory!

 
At 10:41 am, September 07, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

Sounds like you'll be posting a lot of FOs before long!

 
At 10:42 am, September 07, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

You sound busy even if you haven't anything to show yet.

 
At 5:58 pm, September 08, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

You've got a lot on the go but it sounds like they're all progressing well. Looking forward to pics and hope the yarn for the capelet comes soon. Thanks for the review on the Boye Needle Set. I'm very attracted by the pretty colours and also I like that they're metal rather than the plastic Denise set. I'm not too keen on plastic as I find the stitches don't slide easily enough over plastic although I have to say that the Denise set has been extremely useful at times.

 
At 8:22 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

I've done the commenting backwards from the most recent post so I don't have to wait for pics ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home