Friday, September 08, 2006

Blanche hat

This was finished last night, and I also managed to complete the left front of the shrug in the same evening.



Pattern: Blanche hat by Jannelle Schlossmann
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, shade Olivette (worsted weight)
Yardage: around half a skein
Needles: Addi 12" 5mm + DPNs for last 2 rows
Amendments: I added one more pattern repeat of four rows which I think it needed, the first one I made as per pattern is slightly shorter than I would have liked.

I've almost finished the first armhole ruffle on Ariadne, and might even have both done tonight. I can't wait to seam this and add the finishing touches.

We went to our LYS tonight to pick up some 3.25mm bamboo needles. I have some in metal but they are hard on my hands. I wanted them for the Innocent "Supergran" appeal - tiny hats to knit, and 50p from each sale goes to charities including Help The Aged. I even found a set of plastic pom-pom templates, the smallest of which might well do to make matching bobbles.

I also found a box of Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed outside the shop! No lilac-pink unfortunately, but I picked up some fuschia pink (I love the black and red tweedy bits in this shade) just for good measure - it *was* on sale after all! I also snagged some RYC Cashsoft DK on eBay today at a good price, I love this yarn for making chemo caps, especially Odessa.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 8:24 pm, September 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Your Blanche looks great!! I love that color! I think I might have one skein of it left :) You are the queen of finding yarn deals!! Happy knitting!!

 
At 9:10 pm, September 08, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

Blsnche looks lovely, and sounds like you got some great bargains!

 
At 9:27 pm, September 08, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Love the Blanche hat and am looking forward to seeing Ariadne when it's finished. Well done on those yarn bargains, too!

 
At 9:29 pm, September 08, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

Now, that hat is really lovely. Very striking.

 
At 7:02 am, September 09, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Awww, this hat is gorgeous, absolutely - what a great color you chose, and the pattern looks fantastic too! Great job - and hey, congrats on the yarn deal!

 
At 3:31 pm, September 09, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Blanche looks excellent, I like the extra length - good to cover the ears in chilly weather :)

You always find the most amazing yarn bargains :D

 
At 3:43 am, September 10, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Blanche is lovely.

 
At 6:11 am, September 10, 2006, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

Blanche looks brilliant. And I am quiet envious about your bargain finding skills!!!

 
At 9:59 am, September 10, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

I love the hat, it looks great.

I can't wait to get going on the supergran hats either. I've got Gryffindor colours staring out of my work basket. You can buy wee tiny fluffy pom-poms in craft shops to save you making them if it ends up really fiddly.

 
At 8:21 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

Love that hat. Ooh, nice bargains too.

 
At 11:18 pm, September 16, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

Your Blanche hat looks gorgeous. Never seen the pattern before, but must now investigate....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home