Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ariadne bodice top in Colinette Lasso



Pattern: Ariadne from Colinette "Muse" pattern book
Yarn: Colinette Lasso, shade Jamboree
Yardage: Less than three skeins, although the pattern called for four
Needles: Brittany birch 4mm, Denise circular 4mm
Seams: fake grafting at shoulders, mattress stitch on sides

I'm quite glad to finish this at long last! The armhole ruffles took a lot less time than I had feared, after the interminable neckline. I sewed up the seams with the Lasso, in hindsight it may have been better to use a toning plain DK yarn. Lasso is very adept at catching up on itself. I'm not sure I'd use it again to make a garment, although it might be good as a slinky scarf. I also should have made the next size up, as it is very slightly snug across my chest! It fits nicely everywhere else though.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

Louise, this is sooo pretty! I love how the ruffles have turned out :)

xx

 
At 5:55 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, your Ariadne is so pretty - the colours are amazing and I love all those ruffles. The buttons and ribbon you have chosen really finish it off nicely. Great knit :)

 
At 7:48 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Such a pretty top. I love the ruffles and the ribbon - very feminine.

 
At 8:12 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger Hazy said...

That's a cute top! I love the ruffles. And the colours. And the shape. Oh dear... Another to add to my to-do list!

 
At 9:08 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 8:20 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

It should be snug across the chest, it's 'enhancing' lol. It's really gorgeous, well done with persevering with your not fave yarn - Lasso ;o)

 
At 8:27 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

It's vey pretty, and how clever, the pattern on the fronts appears to match up almost exactly? - somehow this trick never quite works if I try to do it!

 
At 10:02 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

It's such a pretty top and looks lovely in that yarn.

 
At 4:50 pm, September 12, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

That's really pretty and the ribbon and buttons are just perfect with it!

 
At 9:37 am, September 13, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Wow, I can't believe how very, very beautiful this turned out! I so love the pattern, and the yarn you used is just fantastic, I'm totally in love with the colors! Fantastic work, congratulations!!!

 
At 9:10 pm, September 13, 2006, Blogger Daisy said...

I love the way the colours have come out! Looks fab!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home