Sunday, September 10, 2006

And there's more ...

Firstly I'd like to give a mention to Hazel and her brand shiny new eShop, Knitz & Glitz! There are all sorts of beautiful items made with beads, and knitted goods too. I am particurly enamoured of the "Clapotis" stitchmarker set, it's a great idea for projects where you need a large number of markers :-)

I'd also like to point you in the direction of Yarnivorous yarns, run by my good friend Lynne. She has hand-dyed yarn and doubtless will be adding her handspun creations to the site. I bought this amazing stuff from her recently, 200g of DK pure wool dyed in lovely brights, like a parrot in lush foliage!



Thanks to Rain for pointing out that you can buy those tiny bobbles from craft shops, to attach to the "innocent" mini-hats. If I'd realised I'd have sent DH into Hobbycraft yesterday, as he was at the same retail park at Borders! I love the idea of Harry Potter themed mini hats too, I can certainly make Gryffindor and Hufflepuff with yarn I already have.

You may have spotted I've added the Bergere de France jacket back onto my current projects list - I figured it was about time I dug it out of the cupboard and finished it!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 5:57 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Thanks for the Yarnivorous link - lots of lovely items there. I hadn't thought about themed mini hats - might do some with football colours :D

 
At 11:03 pm, September 10, 2006, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Thanks for the link - the clapotois stitchmarker set has gone straight on my birthday wish list - what a fab idea.

 
At 8:18 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

Lynne's doing yarn? Excellent :) I read that as 'carrot in foliage' instead of parrot, lol.

 
At 10:00 am, September 11, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Oooh that yarn is gorgeous.

The Innocent hats are great for stash busting. I've got a bag of tiny bits that are perfect for them.

 
At 11:38 pm, September 11, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

Your ariadne top is really great. I love it. The ribbon and the frills are different.

Nice bright yarn!

 
At 4:51 pm, September 12, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

I love, love, LOVE that yarn!!! Thanks for the link and thanks for the plug on my eShop! :-)

 
At 8:47 pm, September 12, 2006, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

WOW! The colors are wonderful. So bright and sunny and 'smiley' does that make sense?

 
At 9:35 am, September 13, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Thanks so much for sharing the links - oh my, this yarn is totally amazing, such cheerful colors! Yummy!

 
At 2:02 pm, September 14, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Thanks for the plug :-) Your ariadne top is nice and bright - it would not stand out in the crowd where I've just been but might well in England....

 
At 9:49 pm, September 16, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

Thanks for the yarnivorous link, there are some beautiful yarns there :)

 
At 11:18 pm, September 16, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

Thanks for the link, gorgeous yarns!

 
At 5:12 pm, September 22, 2006, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Cool yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home