Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back to our regular broadcast!

I missed a week blogging, but have still been toddling around other blogs and forums :-) Some bugs or other are, I am sure, using me as a test subject! Feeling somewhat better now after aching for the past week, which might also be due to my eating foodstuffs that I know don't agree with me (idiot).

In knitting news, I have thus far resisted temptation to start any more WIPs ("medal!" as Muttley might say). I was all set to finish the capelet this weekend, and was happily knitting away last night when I realised I was going to run out of yarn. The horror! About 14 rows of pattern to go then the collar, so I've had to order some more from Jannette's. To make it worthwhile I also picked up a couple of balls of Kureyon 159, all sea greens, blues, and pinks.

Almost finished the left front piece of Ariadne, and judging by the yarn I have left I'm not convinced it will take much more than three "and a bit" skeins.

I picked up a fab bargain on ebay this week, thanks again to the phantom enabler on AY ;-) A Boye Needlemaster set, for much less than they are sold for here, from a US seller. It arrived extremely quickly too. I'm very impressed with the pointiness of the needles, they are coated metal in a rainbow of colours. The coating itself serves to make them less slippy than Addis too. I think I will make good use of these for lacy shawls.



The yarn bargain grapevine was also humming this week, once again Stash Fine Yarns had some great items on sale. In particular, SWTC Oasis (soy silk) and SWTC Bamboo. I'd been eyeing the Oasis for literally months, and having confirmed that 3 skeins is plenty to make a Clapotis, I couldn't pass up both of these yarns at half price. I got 3 skeins of Parrot in Oasis, and 4 of Bamboo in Bougainville. They arrived this morning (free P&P as well until the end of August!), and they are both beautifully soft. I'd never touched bamboo yarn before and really had no idea what it would be like, if anything I expected something a bit more like hemp. The bamboo may well become Ella from Knitty.

Given that it's a Bank Holiday weekend here, and that I now can't finish the capelet until next week, I feel the call of a couple more WIPs ;-) I want to do another cap for the current CFAC recipient, and also start a shrug from DB's "Simply Soft" in Sirdar Click, a gorgeous muted purple shade. Choices choices :-) Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend here in the UK!

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 3:34 pm, August 26, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad you're feeling better. Brilliant bargains from Stash, just off to have a browse.....

 
At 4:10 pm, August 26, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Agggh, I've clicked on the Stash link!!! ;) Beautiful stash acquisitions there, I just can't resist having a peek!

Hope you're feeling much better this weekend.

 
At 5:00 pm, August 26, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad that you are better!! You picked up some great deals this week! I love the soy silk it is wonderful yarn to work with! Happy knitting!

 
At 5:04 pm, August 26, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I like those needles - such pretty colours. They look like they would be nice and cheery to knit with! The yarn is lovely too. Don't you also have Denise interchangeables? How do these compare?

 
At 7:59 pm, August 26, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

*Medal*

Lol.
The Bamboo is gorgeous!

Hope you feel loads better soon.

 
At 9:53 pm, August 26, 2006, Blogger T said...

Glad the bugs are on their way out.

Running out of yarn is poo. I've got to buy ANOTHER black Cathay for Sgt.P, that's 2 more than it says :(

Your Stash purchases are beautiful. I love the Parrot shade.

Enjoy your long weekend too :)

 
At 8:25 am, August 27, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

So good to hear that you're feeling better! And wow, the yarn p0rn! I love those color choices, they're so pretty! I suppose it's going to be heavenly to knit with - happy knitting!

 
At 10:10 am, August 27, 2006, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Love your bargains. Have you used your Boye needles as yet and if so what do you think of them? I was going to buy Denise inter changeables but these are cheaper !!

 
At 8:54 pm, August 27, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

Running out of yarn sucks. Big style suckage in fact.

The oasis and bamboo look lovely and i'm determined not to click on the link to stash!

 
At 11:00 pm, August 27, 2006, Blogger Blossom said...

I am the phantom enabler!! Muhahahah! :)

 
At 8:40 pm, August 29, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

I love the yarn you've got from Stash, especially the Bamboo, it looks gorgeous. xx

 
At 10:02 am, August 30, 2006, Blogger Melody said...

The pink Bamboo is indeed glorious!

Debs xx

 
At 12:35 pm, August 30, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

So how are the new WIPs going?
You got some nice stuff from Stash. This is the problem of looking at other peoples' blogs...

 
At 3:32 pm, September 01, 2006, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

What I want to know is how you find these bargains?? I never seem to be able to do that!!
Glad I finaly worked out who you are!! I know you read and sign my Blog but I just never put 2 and 2 together and made Knitty in Pink!! DOH Me

 
At 11:16 am, September 04, 2006, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Ooh, a Boye Needlemaster! Have been coveting a set ever since I used to see them on the back on McCalls Knitting back in the 80's ... I love my Denise's but would really like to know how they compare with the Needlemasters

 
At 10:41 pm, September 05, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The Oasis and Bamboo yarns look lovely and I'm also now coveting a Boye Needlemaster set. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home