Saturday, July 15, 2006

Tulip completed and Alien Illusion progress

I fully intended to take a photo of me wearing Tulip, too, but the best laid plans of mice and men .... The newer of our two Olympus digital cameras, the one I use for all the blog photos (it has optical zoom and 4 megapixel, the other has no zoom and 1.3 megapixel) is acting up. Grr. Every so often it has been iffy about reading the camera card when I replace it, as I use a built-in card reader on the PC. Now it is refusing to read the card, saying it needs formatting. When I try that, it says card error. However the PC can happily read the card. What is driving me even more up the wall is that I can't find the card that came with the camera, to eliminate the card as being the issue.

I've used the older camera for these 2 photos, they came out OK but Tulip isn't showing the colour very well. I'll post up more detail when I have more time, and hopefully a photo of me wearing it, but for now here is Tulip after pressing, and the current progress on Alien Illusion:



Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, July 15, 2006, Blogger T said...

Both gorgeous :)

 
At 10:52 pm, July 15, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

Tulip is beautiful, and the scarf is looking fab!

 
At 6:17 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Oh boy - you've been having fun on your break! Lotsa knitting and visiting places. Chatsworth house - that fountain is great :-)

 
At 9:04 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh, poor you - having problems with one's camera can be a truly nervewrecking thing, I know what I'm talking about :) Hope everything will be working fine with it soon! But your old one seems to be working well too, the pics are great and gosh, I love both your projects! The scarf looks totally funky, and I really, really love Tulip! I'd love to see a pic of you wearing it!

 
At 9:56 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

What a lovely break you've had with all the interesting places you've managed to visit and all the knitting as well. Tulip looks great. I don't think I've seen that pattern before or I may have done and forgotten knowing me but the neckline is so unusual. And the scarf - I love the way those aliens are emerging!

 
At 10:23 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Love the alien scarf so far. Illusion knitting is so cool.

Tulip looks fantastic. Hope the cameras start to behave themselves.

Sounds like you're having a fab time.

If you thought the '95 version of P&P was near perfect then don't watch the new film. Jane Austen would be spinning in her grave if she knew what they'd done to it. Modern speech mixed in with the text, lined attributed to the worng character and all spoken at breakneck speed to fit it into the time frame. *Shudders at the memory*.

 
At 11:27 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger Piglottie said...

Both look great, but my favourite is the alien illusion scarf. Looks like you've had a great holiday - just my type of thing.

 
At 12:17 pm, July 16, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Excellent knits, both!

 
At 3:24 pm, July 16, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Tulip looks lovely and the scarf is very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what tulip looks like on.

 
At 7:17 pm, July 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are both wonderful!! Tulip is just fab!! I am going to have to knit the scarf for one of my boys for this winter!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home