Sunday, July 16, 2006

A lovely prezzie

After all the camera shenanigans yesterday (see below for update) I didn't have a chance to show you the lovely present I received from Hazel, namely the very pretty wrap/shawl pin she made with green and pink/purple beads:



This will look wonderful with some of my winter cardigans and also with the original Clapotis I made. Thank you once again Hazel, it really is a gorgeous pin :-)

As regards the camera situation, the good news is it wasn't the camera, it was the card that had finally bitten the dust. However we did go out today and snagged a bargainous Fuji Finepix camera from PC World :-) Now we just need a couple of new camera cards which nowadays are cheap as chips. The older Olympus is still going strong but now at least when we go places, DH will be able to do snazzy zoomed shots too. What I hadn't realised is how camera batteries have moved on, the new one has a Lithium-ion battery (same as mobile phones) which makes it a lot slimmer and also lasts for 200 shots before needing a recharge.

Rain, thanks for the word on the latest Pride and Prejudice. I shall approach with extreme caution :-) I don't think these books work terribly well as films, although "Mansfield Park" was a fairly decent film, it missed so much out which would have been perfect in an episodic format. Dipsy - the dress is indeed fairly small, maybe an English size 8 or maybe 10 I would guess. I don't think I've ever been a size 10 in my life, and I was fairly skinny up until my mid 20s :-D

Edited - I did put a photo of me wearing Tulip up here but quite honestly I didn't like it at all :-) I think the armholes need turning back, and I'm not convinced it is fitted enough (that will teach me to look at the reader gallery on the designer's site, which also made me feel like a heffalump!). If I can get a better photo I will, but don't hold your breath :-)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7:20 pm, July 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely gift! I am sure that you will enjoy wearing it!! Congrats on the new camera!! I am looking at buying a new one mine is old. How many megapixles? Have fun playing with your new toy!!

 
At 9:03 pm, July 16, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

Garments are much more flattering (generally speaking) when they're a bit fitted, aren't they? Maybe it will fit better after some alterations. It looks great from here, anyway.

 
At 9:49 am, July 17, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Wow, what a great pressie you received, Hazel does such beautiful work! And hey, congrats on the new camera, it's always great getting some new goodies, ain't it? Enjoy it!

 
At 11:10 am, July 17, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

What a gorgeous pin. Hazel's jewellery is absolutely beautiful.

Oooh shiny new gadget, always a winner in my house.

Lol, I get very territorial about books I like made into films, so few are done justice.

I'm sure you look just fine in Tulip.

 
At 11:50 am, July 17, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

What a beautiful gift!

Great news about the camera, it's always great when new gadgets arrive :)

 
At 2:45 am, July 19, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

The alien scarf is looking great. Hope the Tulip vest works out for you. I love that pattern.

What a pretty pin Hazek made for you. Lucky girl!

 
At 7:58 am, July 19, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

That's a lovely looking pin you got given :)

And it's always so disappointing when garments don't fit quite right - hope you can sort out any problems with the fitting!

 
At 10:33 am, July 19, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

The pin is GORGEOUS! Hazel is sooo talented!

xx

 
At 7:53 pm, July 19, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

The pin is so nice - lucky you. I hope that you manage to sort out the issues with the Tulip top. I'm sure you will look lovely in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home