Saturday, July 15, 2006

Chatsworth, part two



The dress itself, as worn by Keira Knightley. I haven't seen this version of P&P yet, but imagine it will be hard to beat the 1995 BBC version starring Colin Firth. We've also visited the location for Pemberley for that production too - Lyme Park in Cheshire, a few years ago :-)



The amazing Emperor Fountain, I love the ripple effect in the water in this photo too. You get some idea of the scale if you see the people on the banks of the lake!




A huge modern sculture, the name of which escapes me, waiting to be taken to its permanent location in the gardens.



Finally, beautiful lilies just outside the Orangery shop. All through the house there were vases of these and the scent was gorgeous.

As you can see by the sidebar, I've been doing some knitting too this week! Tulip was finished today, adding the crochet edgings to each armhole. I've pressed it and am about to take some photos. I'm almost half way through the Alien Illusion scarf too. DH loves seeing it progress, "how many aliens are there now" :-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:23 pm, July 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That must have been a lovley trip! Everything is so beautiful! I can't wait to see tulip! Happy knitting!!

 
At 8:00 pm, July 15, 2006, Blogger T said...

Lovely sunny photos. Do you know, I think the new film version would be as good. That might be wishful thinking though :) I LOVE that modern statue too. Is it a dancing hare I wonder? I love anything to do with hares, think they're magical. Looking forward to Tulip and will definitely covet that AND Alien Illusion. Glad you've had a good break so far :D

 
At 8:23 pm, July 15, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I think it *is* a dancng hare :-) Wish I could remember the name of the statue, think it began with R.

 
At 9:07 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Thank you so much for sharing these amazing pics of your trip to Chatsworth House! This must be such a beautiful historical place, and everything looks so peaceful and calm there! I love the style of the dress - considering the fact that Keira wore it, it must be baby size though, no? I've seen pics of her lately and she looks pretty anorexic to say the least :(

 
At 9:50 am, July 16, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Amazing photos! What a fantastic place. I've never been there and now I want to go!

 
At 12:16 pm, July 16, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Beautiful photographs, it looks like you had an amazing trip. At one time I used to live about half an hour's drive from Chatsworth, and can you believe I never visited it! Definitely looks like we shall visit next time we are down that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home