Sunday, July 23, 2006

Alien Illusion scarf

Finished this today, the Alien Illusion scarf from Stitch 'n' Bitch, knitted in Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted, Pepper and Spring Green. This is the original yarn used in the pattern - the scarf is for DH and he loved the one in the book, so I sourced the yarn via an ebay shop. This is the first thing he has ever asked me to knit for him, and he loves it! I had some of the green left over, but used up the black making the fringe. DH wanted a plain black fringe rather than the alternated one in the book. The scarf feels nice and soft and this is wool that can definitely be worn around the neck.



Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:02 am, July 23, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That is just too cool! My middle son wants me to make him one for this winter. After seeing yours I think I just might have to!!

 
At 2:22 pm, July 23, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

That is amazing!! And for any hubby to actually ask for a knitted item is just as amazing - lol! Great work on the scarf, it really does look excellent.

 
At 11:18 pm, July 24, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

That's so cool! Really, really great :)

 
At 11:26 am, July 26, 2006, Blogger T said...

One of the best patterns ever innit? And you've done a lovely job.

 
At 10:24 am, September 18, 2006, Blogger Hawkesley said...

I love your scarf! I've bought the book and want to have a go at making it for myself but I don't seem to be able to find Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted in the UK. I wanted to knit it in the original yarn and colours like you did. Any ideas where I can buy the yarn from?

 
At 11:54 am, September 19, 2006, Blogger Hawkesley said...

Thank you for the info on where to buy the yarn. I'll check out the website and see if they've got the colours I need. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home