Saturday, June 10, 2006

What was once lost, has now been found ....

Blogger has gone all "Lord of the Rings", and the post that I thought disappeared into the ether on Wednesday has now resurfaced, intact. Maybe it was at the bottom of a river, or in a cavern deep inside a mountain, who can say :-)

At least it saves me trying to recreate it!

Knitting

I'm on the final strait on the IHS, and have been knitting today despite the rather intense heat outside. Downstairs in our house is usually fairly cool on days like this. The animals are less impressed with the fine weather and are flaked out! I'm hoping to finish the scarf tonight, am currently debating whether to put a short fringe on to finish it off. I think I will, as the cast-on edge is slightly flaring anyway so it will neaten the look.

I'm setting myself what is no doubt a crazy challenge once the scarf is finished :-) I'm going to try to make the lacy top in the DB cotton in the next three weeks, as I got a notion I'd like to wear it on our wedding anniversary, when we'll be away in N. Yorks :-) The reality may well be more like me still knitting it on that date!

The Bergere de France jacket is going on hold until later this year, probably late summer / early autumn. I don't feel like finishing it off in the warm weather and for once I'd like to knit something summery in the summer. I'm sure I'll feel much more like working on it in a few months' time.

Yarn offers

I've spotted a number of great yarn offers recently, you may well have already seen them but here goes:

- Get Knitted - 3 for 2 on Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK and Aran (very very tempting, it makes knitting one of the items from the AS books a bit more affordable)

- Em's Stitches - great prices on Debbie Bliss Cathay, Cotton DK, Sirdar Luxury Cotton etc. and free UK shipping

- Posh Yarn - a new yarn sale page! (and news of a new Posh Club coming soon which sounds intriguing)

- Kangaroo - lots of offers on discontinued shades in a number of Debbie Bliss yarns plus quite a few others

I love trolling around all the different yarn sites, seeing what's new and what's on offer :-)

Other knitterly things

Just had another email from Amazon saying that One Skein is still delayed. Has this actually been published here or is it a figment of my imagination?!

I joined the Rowan Club last night after thinking about it for quite some time. Does anyone know which pattern book I will receive first (no. 39?). Hope so as I love the short-sleeved cardigan from it which graces the back page of the current "Knitting". Looking forward to the free bag kit, I picked the green shade (green is the new pink here. No, I won't be changing the blog to "Knitty In Green" :-) I might change the name at some point though, when I have time to mess about with the template and graphics)

Birthday giveaway

As my birthday is coming up in a few weeks' time, I decided I would run a little giveaway in its honour :-) Much inspired by Erin's birthday celebrations, but I'm just running one prize drawing here. I'll announce the details next weekend which will give two weeks to enter the drawing :-)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11:50 pm, June 10, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Go girl on the lacy top!! If you have a goal in mind then I'm sure you'll be able to do it :) Your anniversary trip sounds wonderful, you are staying in such a beautiful place.

 
At 8:41 am, June 11, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Bad, bad Blogger, but at least it gave it back.

Hope you get your lace top done in time. Will be sending you 'knit faster' vibes.

IHS will look great with a fringe.

 
At 8:48 am, June 11, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

Yes, in this weather it's difficult to feel inspired by wintry garments. I have only done a little knitting since it got this hot.

I'm with you on the green. Absolutely mad about it at the moment.

I'm wondering what you might change your blog name to?

I read Chocolat - it's a lovely book.

 
At 10:01 am, June 11, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

Thanks for the price info - v useful (if dangerous!).

Good luck with the lacy top!

 
At 11:04 am, June 11, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the Rowan club. I've always received the next magazine to be published but that could just be the time of year that I joined.

 
At 11:26 am, June 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

Not listening to stories of cheap yarn! LALALA! *fingers in ears*

Ooh, a new blog name, you're all re-inventing yourself ;)

Why are you reading this? Get knitting girl!!

 
At 4:51 pm, June 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

Yes please DC, do link :)

 
At 5:50 am, June 12, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Woweee, that's certainly a challenge you set yourself with the lacy top - but I'm totally sure that you can and will make it! Go girl! You'll get all the cheers and motivation from here that you'll need!
It's indeed pretty hard knitting with such hot weather outside - I spent yesterday on the balcony (looking like the Austrian flag now: red-white-red :) and could hardly knit due to sweaty hands - argh! But we won't stop, will we? :)

 
At 8:13 am, June 12, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished IH scarf and hope you get the lacy top done in time for your wedding anniversary.

I joined the Rowan Club recently, too, and also picked the bag in green. You won't get the current issue of Rowan magazine though. The first one you'll get is the next one that comes out.

 
At 11:16 pm, June 18, 2006, Blogger blueadt said...

I received Rowan 39 last time so it'll be 40 next. I love Ginny too but that's about it from that magazine I was really disappointed. One of the Rowan designers told me recently that they have really listened to all the feedback on 39 & that 40 will be a lot better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home