Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tulip progress

Part way in to the reverse stocking stitch section. I think I'm going to add an extra inch to the length before the armhole shaping.



After finding my original method of joining in a new ball wasn't really to my liking in the cotton (knitting a couple of stitches with both strands, to weave in ends later), I've been using the Russian Join today. Much better! I've used the felted join before which worked very well, I just didn't think to try this technique at first.

We were planning on doing some planting in the garden today but the weather has conspired to prevent that. Yesterday we had a few little drops of rain in the daytime, but overall it was a pleasant day. Today, I had literally just hung the towels out on the line when it started to rain, and has been doing so on and off since! It's not the fact it's raining that's a downer, more that it has gone so very dull. The sky is very leaden and it feels like the middle of winter when you look at it. The forecast (the work of fiction, as I call it) says it is going to be a lovely week so I will try to believe that :-)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 7:15 pm, June 25, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I've never seen that Russian Join before, I'm definitely going to try it out though.

Tulip is looking beautiful by the way.

 
At 8:01 pm, June 25, 2006, Blogger T said...

I don't know HOW I'm not succumbing to knitting this, it's gorgeous. Sorry about the weather. It's ok here but think it's on its way.

 
At 8:50 pm, June 25, 2006, Blogger T said...

Ooh, Russian Join looks interesting!

 
At 8:35 am, June 26, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Tulip is coming along wonderfully! Thanks very much for the link to the Russian join, that's excellent.

Here's hoping the weather holds off this week (not looking very likely here...)

 
At 8:37 am, June 26, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Oooo it looks lovely so far. Russian joins are my saviour especially when lace knitting.

If you use Firefox get the forecast fox extension, I find that scarily accurate most of the time.

 
At 1:49 pm, June 26, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Tulip is looking good!
The extra inch is for the old (oops, young!!) boobage area?

 
At 2:07 pm, June 26, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

Gosh, that's so neat! It's going to be really lovely.

 
At 5:51 pm, June 26, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

What beautiful, neat work!

And thanks for the russian link!

 
At 9:12 am, June 28, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Tulip is looking gorgeous. The Russian join is so good. I use it a lot and the only time it went wrong was when I tried to use it on a clapotis I was making. I had to frog that bit, of course!

The weather is going to be wonderful apparently but, then, you'll know that by now. :-)

 
At 9:20 pm, June 30, 2006, Blogger Badger said...

That's looking lovely - the Russian join is my favourite, definitely worth learning!

 
At 7:35 pm, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting join. Ta very much for the info!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home