Saturday, June 03, 2006

IHS progress

As requested by Dipsy Doodle! A progress photo of the Irish Hiking Scarf:



I've done a few more repeats since I took the photo. Last night I got the swift and the yarn winder out and wound the second skein of the cashmere-silk into a centre-pull ball. It's the first time I've done this and it's certainly a LOT faster than trying to wind yarn by hand! It also makes a great centre-pull ball that sits flat, no more yarn escaping under the sofa :-) Wish I'd bought a winder a long time ago!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 4:45 pm, June 03, 2006, Blogger T said...

Mmmmm, lovely :) Oh, I don't have a swift but you're making me want one. My winder won't get used without it!

 
At 8:04 pm, June 03, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

The scarf looks great and the colour is lovely. I bet your Dad will love it.

 
At 8:26 pm, June 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That looks wonderful!! Your cables are so nice!!

 
At 12:16 am, June 04, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

It's really going to be lovely!

I don't know what a swift is, but I'd like a winder.

Hope it's as sunny there as it is here!

 
At 12:46 am, June 04, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

It looks like you're not too far off finishing. It's a gorgeous colour.

 
At 5:11 pm, June 04, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Wow, I can't believe how gorgeous this scarf already is! What an amazing color, and the cabling looks fabulous! I wish my cabling would ever turn out so neat and even - but I'm afraid I have a long way to go still...

 
At 10:54 pm, June 04, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The scarf looks stunning. I need a swift so badly!

 
At 1:40 pm, June 05, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Fantastic, your dad is going to love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home