Monday, May 01, 2006

A quick jacket update

Last night I finished the second sleeve and tackled the ripping out of the back section to the proper length before the arm decreases. I have to say it behaved very well when being unravelled and I was able to pick up the stitches onto the needle very easily. It is now completed (again) and is the correct length. This afternoon I sewed the shoulder seams together and had a first try-on. Seems OK, I have to say, despite my fears it would be too small! In hindsight I would possibly have made the next size up.

Here's the odd thing though. I have three balls left of the variegated yarn. Three. That is rather a lot. I've measured and things are how they should be size-wise. The yarn requirements are way off! Surely even allowing for differences in knitters' gauge and technique, three extra balls is excessive! Not sure how much of the plain yarn will be left, as the hood is quite large. I'll post a picture when I've picked up and knit the front borders.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:27 pm, May 01, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

Blimey that is a lot of left over yarn.....maybe you could contact the producers of the pattern...i wonder if others have hit the same problem?

 
At 10:55 am, May 02, 2006, Blogger Minnieknits said...

So, I've been away from the computer for a while and should have achieved a lot of knitting in that time but yet again, you shame me! lol!
Please tell me you sleep knit? I can think of no other explanation for the amount you do, along with live life, work, keep up with blogland/lists and the rest you do!
Come on, whats the secret? spinach? :-0))

 
At 2:36 pm, May 02, 2006, Blogger T said...

3 balls over is just ridiculous isn't it?

 
At 7:26 pm, May 02, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

3 balls is a lot - SK really need to get their act together - I hope you have composed that email!

 
At 1:11 pm, May 07, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

That's quite a LOT of yarn left... mmm... can you return it?

Can't wait to see the pics :)

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home