Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Post-Latifa yarn therapy

Nanatoo is indeed absolutely correct - yarn from Cucumberpatch arrives very quickly indeed, this lot in less than 48 hours :-)



8 x 100g skeins Rowanspun Aran in shade "Hardy", good yardage at 200m per skein. Destined to be a sweater in the autumn/winter.

One thing I notice as I add my yarn list into the spreadsheet, is how much of it is in small amounts. There may be 4 sides of a notebook but a lot of that is in ones or twos. The nice thing is that this has crystallised my yarn-buying goals, I now realise that I'd be better off in the main buying a decent quantity of one yarn, rather than bits and bobs, especially if I see something in a sale. It will give me a lot more scope for what to make with it. The spreadsheet also enables you to buy more yarn, because you are absolutely certain you don't have the right yarn for a new project :-D

Thanks for all your lovely comments on Latifa! Cherry, I agree with you 100%, the world definitely needs more lovely frivolous things like ruffles and fringes :-)

Right, off to feed and clean the animals then it may well be Pimms-o-clock!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:17 pm, May 16, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

That is one helluva beautiful scarf! If only I could get colours to complement each other like that, in an unusual way. Stunning, that. I also love that green yarn. What link on Kendra's site? - must have not noticed that one. And what's this about 4 pages of yarn not being enough. I only have a shopping bag of stash. Must go and sell various body-parts to get yarn.......

 
At 9:53 pm, May 16, 2006, Blogger T said...

That's a nice shade. I'm into green this year in a big way, although having to use up last year's yarn, lol.

Know what you mean about the small amounts. It sometimes comes from wanting to try but not wanting to spend too much, so getting enough for an 'accessory'. I think we could have some excellent 'freeform' knitting with these little odd balls.

 
At 11:47 pm, May 16, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

I'm really into green this year too. That's a lovely shade.

I've got a lot of small amounts too, but I do find it comes in for something or other.

 
At 11:54 pm, May 16, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Isn't it interesting how we are all very drawn to shades of green this year? maybe it's because it is Spring, early Summer even, and the trees are that fabulous fresh green of new leaves.

I'm certainly not complaining about the smaller amounts, they will certainly come in for making hats, scarves bags and the like :-) I think I've often bought yarn purely on impulse and got a bit of this, a bit of that, and I'm now trying to be a little more organised :-D

 
At 10:24 am, May 17, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Mmmmm, lovely colour you have there! Green is definitely grabbing everyone this spring!

 
At 10:42 am, May 17, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

Blimey - what is it with green? All three of my major projects on the go/about to be started are varying shades of greenish stuff! Do you think we've all been subliminally brainwashed?

I love 'Hardy' - looking forward to seeing what it turns into.

 
At 12:29 pm, May 17, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

I love the green and also the flecks in the Rowanspun. I'm getting more into green recently too. Seeing everyone getting so organised with their stashes is making me feel guilty. I do tend to buy yarn with projects in mind but I'm now beginning to wonder if I'll remember which yarn was bought for which project!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home